Florida Gators: Craig Sanders
Game week has arrived. No more waiting for the action because it all starts this week. Here are some links from around the SEC to whet your football appetite as game day nears:
- Alabama has long been known for its defensive prowess but could a high-powered offense be the reason the No. 1 Crimson Tide make a run at a fourth championship in five seasons?
- There's a lot of youth on Arkansas' initial depth chart, as 15 freshmen or redshirt freshmen are on the offensive or defensive two-deep, which was released Sunday night.
- The status of Georgia true freshman safety Tray Matthews is uncertain, as the Bulldogs prepare for their opener against Clemson. Matthews has been listed as the starter at free safety since the end of spring practice.
- Under new offensive coordinator Cam Cameron, LSU's fullbacks are going to be asked to do more than just block.
- Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel was the center of attention on Saturday as the school hosted its annual "Meet the Aggies" autograph event for fans. Manziel signed an estimated 500 autographs as he smiled and greeted a line of hundreds who were eager to meet him.
- There's a certain feeling Steve Spurrier gets when facing North Carolina, one the South Carolina coach can date back to his days at Duke. The Gamecocks host the Tar Heels on Thursday night to open the season.
- At 6-foot-4 and 215 pounds, Tennessee's Marquez North isn't your typical freshman. Players and coaches are praising the young playmaker, who figures to see plenty of field time this fall.
- Missouri quarterback James Franklin is trying to move past a disappointing 2012 campaign. Steps he took this offseason to work toward that goal included improving his health and attitude, despite the criticism he took from fans.
- The relationship between Kentucky defensive coordinator D.J. Eliot and head coach Mark Stoops goes back more than 15 years. Now Eliot is trying to improve a defense that struggled mightily in 2012.
- Auburn senior defensive end Craig Sanders expects to make his first career start on Saturday against Washington State in place of the injured Dee Ford. Sanders is fired up about the opportunity.
The Early Offer: March 12
Final Washington State 45 Colorado State 48 Final 20 Fresno State 20 25 USC 45 Final Buffalo 24 San Diego State 49 Final Tulane 21 Louisiana-Lafayette 24
Final Pittsburgh 30 Bowling Green 27 Final Utah State 21 23 Northern Illinois 14
Final Marshall 31 Maryland 20 Final Syracuse 21 Minnesota 17 Final Brigham Young 16 Washington 31
Final Rutgers 16 Notre Dame 29 Final Cincinnati 17 North Carolina 39 Final Miami (FL) 9 18 Louisville 36 Final Michigan 14 Kansas State 31
Final Middle Tennessee 6 Navy 24 Final Ole Miss 25 Georgia Tech 17 Final 10 Oregon 30 Texas 7 Final 14 Arizona State 23 Texas Tech 37
Final Arizona 42 Boston College 19 Final Virginia Tech 12 17 UCLA 42 Final Rice 7 Mississippi State 44 Final 24 Duke 48 21 Texas A&M 52
Final Nebraska 24 22 Georgia 19 Final UNLV 14 North Texas 36 Final Iowa 14 16 LSU 21 Final 19 Wisconsin 24 9 South Carolina 34 Final 5 Stanford 20 4 Michigan State 24 Final 15 UCF 52 6 Baylor 42
Final 13 Oklahoma State 31 8 Missouri 41 Final 12 Clemson 40 7 Ohio State 35