Sunday, November 4, 2012
SEC bowl projections: Week 11
By Chris Low
The jockeying for the second BCS bowl spot in the SEC will really get interesting these last three or four weeks. Granted, that's assuming Alabama wins out and goes to the Discover BCS National Championship Game, and it's never safe to assume anything in this league.
The Ole Miss-Vanderbilt game this Saturday will have huge bowl implications. The winner becomes bowl eligible. The Missouri-Tennessee game is also big for both teams on the bowl front. The Tigers almost have to win if they're going to keep their postseason hopes alive.
Florida, Georgia, LSU and South Carolina all remain in the running for an at-large BCS bowl berth. The Bulldogs can clinch the Eastern Division championship with a win at Auburn this weekend.
Here's our latest forecast for what the SEC postseason lineup will look like:
- Discover BCS National Championship Game, Jan. 7: Alabama
- Allstate Sugar Bowl, Jan. 2: LSU
- Capital One Bowl, Jan. 1: Florida
- AT&T Cotton Bowl, Jan. 4: Texas A&M
- Outback Bowl, Jan. 1: Georgia
- Chick-fil-A Bowl, Dec. 31: South Carolina
- Taxslayer.com Gator Bowl, Jan. 1: Mississippi State
- Franklin American Mortgage Music City Bowl, Dec. 31: Ole Miss
- AutoZone Liberty Bowl, Dec. 31: Tennessee
- BBVA Compass Bowl, Jan. 5: Vanderbilt
- Advocare Independence Bowl, Dec. 28: Missouri