SEC lunchtime links
June, 30, 2014
By Greg Ostendorf | ESPN.com
Sunday was a sad day in the SEC. Former Auburn tight end Philip Lutzenkirchen died in a car accident at just 23 years old, and though I never had the privilege of covering him, it was easy to see the impact he had on people based on the response on Twitter and elsewhere. Read more tributes to Lutzenkirchen in today’s lunch links.
- Lutzenkirchen is remembered for his game-winning touchdown catch against Alabama in 2010, but he left a much bigger legacy off the field, a legacy of respect, honor and love.
- Friends, former players and Auburn fans alike all gathered Sunday to remember Lutzenkirchen at Toomer’s Corner.
- Remembering Lutzenkirchen: He danced like no one was watching.
- Five-star freshman Cameron Robinson could make the biggest impact of any newcomer for Alabama, and that’s why he’s No. 10 on AL.com’s VIP list.
- Florida quarterback Jeff Driskel is eager to return to the field and prove that he can lead the Gators to success.
- Youth campers learned valuable lessons from current and former LSU players at the Jacob Hester Football camp this past weekend.
- Ole Miss took the recruiting world by storm in 2013, landing the nation’s No. 5 class, but the Rebels’ recruits in the Class of 2016 believe they can be better than that 2013 class.
- Josh Kendall of The State looks back at Steve Spurrier’s top 10 best wins since taking over at South Carolina.
GATORNATION RECRUITING NEWS
FLORIDA FB RECRUITING SCORECARD
- Jeff Barlis retweeted
- Will Muschamp retweeted
2014 SEC STANDINGS
Final 21 Texas A&M 52 9 South Carolina 28 Final Boise State 13 18 Ole Miss 35 Final Temple 37 Vanderbilt 7
12:00 PM ET Tennessee-Martin Kentucky 3:30 PM ET South Dakota State 24 Missouri 3:30 PM ET West Virginia 2 Alabama 4:00 PM ET Arkansas 6 Auburn 5:30 PM ET 16 Clemson 12 Georgia 7:00 PM ET Idaho Florida 7:30 PM ET Southern Miss Mississippi State 9:00 PM ET 14 Wisconsin 13 LSU