SEC's lunch links
June, 19, 2014
By Sam Khan Jr. | ESPN.com
Plenty of news or nuggets to digest today around the SEC. Have at it:
- NCAA president Mark Emmert will take the stand today in the Ed O'Bannon antitrust trial. His testimony will likely be the most paid attention to of any in the trial.
- Former Florida Gators All-American fullback Larry Dupree died of a heart attack on Sunday at 71.
- Auburn's famed golden eagle Tiger, also known as War Eagle VI, died on Wednesday.
- Former Missouri receiver Dorial Green-Beckham is examining potential landing spots, including Oklahoma, according to The Oklahoman. Here are reasons why it does and doesn't make sense for DGB to join the Sooners.
- Texas A&M's recruiting success has given birth to a new hashtag that some coaches and committed recruits use on social media, #WRTS, which is believed to be an acronym for "We Run This State." Head coach Kevin Sumlin is coy when asked about it.
- Incoming freshman tight end Hunter Atkinson's career at Georgia is coming to a close before it started, as he has opted not to play football.
- Could Blake Sims have an impact on Alabama's season even if he's backing up Jacob Coker? AL.com says yes.
- It has been a rough week for Kentucky recruiting, as four of its top targets have committed elsewhere.
- South Carolina plans to stick to its nonconference scheduling plan.
GATORNATION RECRUITING NEWS
FLORIDA FB RECRUITING SCORECARD
- Jeff Barlis retweeted
2014 SEC STANDINGS
Final UCF 10 20 Missouri 38 Final Massachusetts 31 Vanderbilt 34 Final Arkansas 49 Texas Tech 28 Final 6 Georgia 35 24 South Carolina 38 Final Louisiana-Lafayette 15 14 Ole Miss 56 Final Mississippi State 35 South Alabama 3 Final Southern Miss 12 3 Alabama 52 Final Louisiana-Monroe 0 10 LSU 31 Final/3OT Kentucky 30 Florida 36 Final Tennessee 10 4 Oklahoma 34 Final Rice 10 7 Texas A&M 38