Johnny Manziel will throw out the first pitch in tonight's Cleveland Indians game. It's a safe bet he won't go all 50 Cent on us.
- Safety Tray Matthews, who was dismissed by Georgia on Tuesday, is scheduled to be arraigned on Thursday in Athens, Ga., along with two Bulldogs players and one other former player on charges of theft by deception. Matthews, defensive end James DeLoach, defensive lineman Jon Taylor, and former UGA wide receiver Uriah LeMay were arrested in March for illegally cashing scholarship checks twice.
- After two of Texas A&M's key sophomore defensive players were arrested and kicked off the team on Tuesday, some are wondering what it's going to take to keep the Aggies out of jail. Seven players have been arrested since the end of last season. Tuesday's arrest was the third in seven months for ex-LB Darian Claiborne. It was the second offseason arrest for dismissed DT Isaiah Golden.
- The Miami Hurricanes have reportedly been approached about playing a kickoff classic game against either Alabama in 2017 or LSU in 2018.
- Ole Miss defensive back Chief Brown tore his Achilles' heel in an offseason workout and will likely miss the 2014 season.
- Vanderbilt announced the transfer of former LSU quarterback Stephen Rivers, who can play right away. Head coach Derek Mason says he's excited about his QB competition this August.
- Six SEC players are among the Heisman Trophy favorites according to one Vegas sportsbook. They are Auburn QB Nick Marshall, South Carolina RB Mike Davis, Georgia RB Todd Gurley, Mississippi State QB Dak Prescott, and Alabama RBs T.J. Yeldon and Derrick Henry.
- One of Georgia's 2014 signees, wide receiver Gilbert Johnson, did not qualify academically.
- Two of Florida's games this fall -- at Alabama and vs. Georgia in Jacksonville, Fla. -- are among the most expensive tickets out there.
- Count Kentucky's Mark Stoops among the SEC coaches who favor an early signing period. But, he says, not too early.
- LSU's highly anticipated running back signee Leonard Fournette hung out with rapper Master P recently and ran a race.
- South Carolina will erect a statue of Heisman Trophy winner George Rogers outside of Williams-Brice Stadium.
Questions answered after week 1
Halftime Boise State 3 18 Ole Miss 7 10:30 PM ET Temple Vanderbilt
- SEC NETWORK/WatchESPN
Final 21 Texas A&M 52 9 South Carolina 28
12:00 PM ET Tennessee-Martin Kentucky 3:30 PM ET South Dakota State 24 Missouri 3:30 PM ET West Virginia 2 Alabama 4:00 PM ET Arkansas 6 Auburn 5:30 PM ET 16 Clemson 12 Georgia 7:00 PM ET Idaho Florida 7:30 PM ET Southern Miss Mississippi State 9:00 PM ET 14 Wisconsin 13 LSU