SEC lunchtime links
- A Nashville group is working to put together an annual, high-profile non-conference game for SEC teams to be played at LP Field, possibly as early as 2016.
- Former South Carolina star Jadeveon Clowney said it's like “spit in the face” when observers accuse him of having taken plays off last season.
- Now that spring break is over, Butch Jones wants to see more from his young Tennessee team.
- For the second season in a row, Florida could have a freshman cornerback step into a starring role if Jalen Tabor and Duke Dawson keep up their impressive play.
- Quayvon Hicks and J.J. Green both resided in Georgia's running backs meeting room last year. Now they're both working elsewhere in an effort to fill holes on the roster.
- Georgia coach Mark Richt said Tuesday that he hasn't fully decided how to punish the four players arrested last week on charges of illegal check cashing.
- Dak Prescott and De'Runnya Wilson discuss the spring competition between Mississippi State's offense and defense with the Jackson Clarion-Ledger's Michael Bonner.
- LSU defensive coordinator John Chavis has juggled his linebacker assignments this spring, with multiple players moving to new positions.
- Ole Miss sophomore Laremy Tunsil said he has championships to win before he begins worrying about a future in the NFL.
- Auburn's coaches are working with backup quarterback Jeremy Johnson to ensure that he can run the zone read in case starter Nick Marshall goes down.
- Following a medical procedure on his left shoulder, Vanderbilt's Kris Kentera will miss the remainder of spring practice.
- Texas A&M's Johnny Manziel will appear on Gruden's QB Camp on ESPN on Thursday.
- Speaking of Johnny Football, he and his fellow Aggies will participate in their NFL pro day on Thursday.
- Linebacker Dillon Lee might fill multiple holes on Alabama's defense.
Florida Gators, Vanderbilt Commodores, Georgia Bulldogs, South Carolina Gamecocks, Alabama Crimson Tide, Auburn Tigers, LSU Tigers, Tennessee Volunteers, Mississippi State Bulldogs, SEC, Ole Miss Rebels, Texas A&M Aggies, Mark Richt, Dillon Lee, Laremy Tunsil, Jadeveon Clowney, J.J. Green, Kris Kentera, Duke Dawson, Jalen Tabor, Johnny Manziel, John Chavis, Butch Jones, Jeremy Johnson, Dak Prescott, De'Runnya Wilson, Quayvon Hicks
College Football Minute: Oct. 20
GATORNATION RECRUITING NEWS
FLORIDA FB RECRUITING SCORECARD
- Derek Tyson retweeted
2014 SEC STANDINGS
Final Furman 10 South Carolina 41 Final 21 Texas A&M 0 7 Alabama 59 Final 10 Georgia 45 Arkansas 32 Final Tennessee 3 3 Ole Miss 34 Final Missouri 42 Florida 13 Final Kentucky 3 LSU 41