SEC lunchtime links
December, 20, 2013
By Alex Scarborough | ESPN.com
After a few weeks of waiting, the bowl season begins in earnest this weekend with four games on the schedule for Saturday.
- Jesse Williams, Terrence Cody, Quinton Dial. Alabama has had some good luck signing junior college defensive linemen.
- Auburn center Reese Dismukes hasn't made any choices about his future yet, but he has submitted paperwork to the NFL Draft Advisory Board to better make a decision.
- LSU's Jalen Mills, who was a standout freshman at cornerback last season, is seeing some time at safety. And while Zach Mettenberger might not throw another pass for the Tigers, he is sticking around to help tutor the other quarterbacks.
- "It honestly doesn't matter what star you're ranked," says Missouri defensive end Michael Sam, a consensus All-American.
- Ole Miss is doing everything it can to prepare for Georgia Tech and its vaunted triple option offense, even if that means running drills coach Hugh Freeze isn't comfortable with.
- Mississippi State is getting back into the mode of game-planning with a short holiday break coming.
- Former New Mexico assistant Coleman Hutzler is rejoining Will Muschamp in Gainesville where he will coach outside linebackers and special teams.
- Well he grew up tall and he grew up fast. Jadeveon Clowney, reflecting on his time at South Carolina, says his first three years flew by.
- Georgia redshirt freshman Faton Bauta isn't satisfied. "You always want to shoot higher," he said of being the Bulldogs' No. 2 quarterback.
New SEC offensive coordinator rankings
TBD San Josť St Auburn TBD Ole Miss Florida TBD Alabama Georgia TBD Eastern Kentucky Kentucky TBD Eastern Michigan LSU TBD Vanderbilt Middle Tennessee TBD South Carolina Missouri TBD Arkansas Tennessee TBD Mississippi State Texas A&M