SEC lunchtime links
November, 25, 2013
By Greg Ostendorf | ESPN.com
There’s just one more week left before the SEC championship game, and it’s highlighted by a certain game in the state of Alabama. But let’s also take a look back at Saturday’s action in today’s news and notes from around the league.
- After handling Chattanooga over the weekend, Alabama finally can turn its attention to Auburn and this year’s Iron Bowl.
- Saturday is the Iron Bowl. It’s No. 1 versus No. 4. It’s for first place in the SEC West with a trip to Atlanta on the line. But Auburn coach Gus Malzahn is taking the same approach he’s taken all season.
- With a win over Ole Miss on Saturday, Missouri proved it’s here to stay. The Tigers are just one win away from the SEC championship game.
- It’s been a season to remember for South Carolina’s Connor Shaw. On Saturday, he became the school’s all-time wins leader at quarterback.
- It was supposed to be a shootout between LSU and Texas A&M, but LSU’s defense pushed around the Aggies for the second straight season.
- Johnny Manziel had been tearing up opposing defenses all season, but LSU finally gave he and the Aggies a taste of the SEC on Saturday.
- Florida reached a new low Saturday with a loss to Georgia Southern. After the game, head coach Will Muschamp blamed the Gators’ offense and vowed to get it fixed.
- Aaron Murray's Georgia career ended Saturday with a knee injury. Looking back, where does he rank among the top quarterbacks in UGA history?
- Ole Miss suffered a tough loss to Missouri over the weekend, but the Rebels already have turned their attention to in-state rival Mississippi State and Thursday’s Egg Bowl.
- Tennessee can no longer reach a bowl game, but the Vols will try and make the most out of their season finale at Kentucky.
GATORNATION RECRUITING NEWS
FLORIDA FB RECRUITING SCORECARD
2014 SEC STANDINGS
TBD Bowling Green Tennessee TBD Wisconsin Alabama TBD UTEP Arkansas TBD Louisville Auburn TBD New Mexico State Florida TBD Louisiana-Monroe Georgia TBD Louisiana-Lafayette Kentucky TBD McNeese State LSU TBD Southeast Missouri State Missouri TBD Tennessee-Martin Ole Miss TBD Mississippi State Southern Miss TBD Arizona State Texas A&M TBD Western Kentucky Vanderbilt