SEC lunchtime links
- Alabama's offensive line is hard at work trying to rectify issues it had communicating on Saturday against Mississippi State. Starting center Ryan Kelly said plainly, "We dropped the ball on communication."
- Team of destiny? That undermines what this year's Auburn team has accomplished, as the Tigers have made their own breaks.
- He's back...say hello to James Franklin, Missouri fans. The senior quarterback, who has missed four games because of a shoulder injury, is 100 percent cleared to play and will play on Saturday vs. Ole Miss.
- South Carolina kicker Elliot Fry, a walk-on, is close to shedding that label and becoming a scholarship player and also had a special visitor in attendance on Saturday to watch the Gamecocks beat Florida.
- There's a lot on the line left for Texas A&M, which has two tough games remaining, starting with Saturday at LSU.
- The challenge LSU has at hand? Slowing down Johnny Manziel. The Tigers did it a year ago, they hope they can repeat that feat.
- Ole Miss has defeated a team ranked in the top 10 once this season (LSU was No. 6 when the Rebels squeaked out a 27-24 victory) and now the Rebels hope to do it again when they host No. 8 Missouri.
- A glance at Aaron Murray's legacy at Georgia, how it's viewed and where he ranks among all-time Georgia quarterbacks.
- Tight end is an area where Tennessee hasn't had a ton of production this season.
- Mississippi State's quarterback situation is murky as both Tyler Russell and Dak Prescott are "day-to-day" according to coach Dan Mullen.
- Florida coach Will Muschamp said he's appreciative of the support athletic director Jeremy Foley and school president Bernie Machen voiced for him last week.
- Kentucky head coach Mark Stoops has his eye on the future with the Wildcats struggling at 2-8, but he isn't forsaking the present.
- Even after beating Tennessee last year, Vanderbilt coach James Franklin said he won't call the Commodores game against the Volunteers "a rivalry" until the Commodores are more successful in the series.
Florida Gators, Vanderbilt Commodores, Georgia Bulldogs, South Carolina Gamecocks, Alabama Crimson Tide, Auburn Tigers, LSU Tigers, Tennessee Volunteers, Kentucky Wildcats, Mississippi Rebels, Mississippi State Bulldogs, Ole Miss Rebels, Missouri Tigers, Texas A&M Aggies, Aaron Murray, James Franklin, Tyler Russell, Will Muschamp, Jeremy Foley, Mark Stoops, Ryan Kelly, Johnny Manziel, Bernie Machen, Dak Prescott, Elliot Fry
GATORNATION RECRUITING NEWS
FLORIDA FB RECRUITING SCORECARD
- Schutt Florida Gators Mini Authentic Football Helmet
2014 SEC STANDINGS
6:00 PM ET Texas A&M South Carolina 8:00 PM ET Boise State Ole Miss 9:15 PM ET Temple Vanderbilt
12:00 PM ET Tennessee-Martin Kentucky 3:30 PM ET West Virginia Alabama 3:30 PM ET South Dakota State Missouri 4:00 PM ET Arkansas Auburn 5:30 PM ET Clemson Georgia 7:00 PM ET Idaho Florida 7:30 PM ET Southern Miss Mississippi State 9:00 PM ET Wisconsin LSU