SEC lunchtime links
- With Vinnie Sunseri out for the season with a knee injury, Alabama turns to Landon Collins to take his place at strong safety.
- Now that his first career start is in the rearview mirror, Mizzou freshman quarterback Maty Mauk prepares for round two against South Carolina.
- A heel injury didn't stop Auburn running back Tre Mason from shining against Texas A&M on Saturday, and he's beginning to show his toughness and durability.
- LSU coach Les Miles took the blame in the immediate aftermath of the Tigers' 27-24 loss to Ole Miss, and after reviewing the film he maintained that he needs to do better and "get their attention."
- There's no point in Texas A&M playing the "what if" game when looking back on its loss to Auburn. Instead, the Aggies must move on.
- South Carolina's offense struggled in its loss to Tennessee, and head coach Steve Spurrier said maybe the Gamecocks "thought we were too good."
- After a 52-0 loss to Alabama and an off week coming up, Arkansas coach Bret Bielema and the Razorbacks are searching for answers -- and their first SEC win.
- On the heels of having two players impacted by the new rule, Georgia coach Mark Richt offered some thoughts on targeting and how officials are handling it.
- As Tennessee has progressed, so has quarterback Justin Worley -- and it shows.
- Even though Jalen Whitlow's ankle injury isn't as serious as it might have originally appeared, Maxwell Smith gets the nod as Kentucky's starting quarterback when the Wildcats meet Mississippi State.
- Speaking of starting quarterbacks, Vanderbilt coach James Franklin isn't ready to name one yet for Saturday's game against Texas A&M, with Austin Carta-Samuels dealing with an injury. The Commodores' depth chart lists Carta-Samuels "or" Patton Robinette.
- Ole Miss had to face four ranked teams in its first seven games, but now the hardest part of the Rebels' schedule is behind them.
- Mississippi State's linebackers are working to be the SEC's best.
- Here's a look at why Florida's offense has struggled so much this season.
Florida Gators, Vanderbilt Commodores, Georgia Bulldogs, South Carolina Gamecocks, Alabama Crimson Tide, Arkansas Razorbacks, Auburn Tigers, LSU Tigers, Tennessee Volunteers, Kentucky Wildcats, Mississippi Rebels, Mississippi State Bulldogs, Ole Miss Rebels, Missouri Tigers, Texas A&M Aggies, Les Miles, James Franklin, Justin Worley, Maxwell Smith, Landon Collins, Mark Richt, Steve Spurrier, Tre Mason, Bret Bielema, Patton Robinette, Maty Mauk, Austin Carta-Samuels
Gators Lose Two ESPN 300 Commits
GATORNATION RECRUITING NEWS
FLORIDA FB RECRUITING SCORECARD
- Nike Men's Florida Gators Blue Football Training Day T-Shirt
2014 SEC STANDINGS
6:00 PM ET Texas A&M South Carolina 8:00 PM ET Boise State Ole Miss 9:15 PM ET Temple Vanderbilt
12:00 PM ET Tennessee-Martin Kentucky 3:30 PM ET West Virginia Alabama 3:30 PM ET South Dakota State Missouri 4:00 PM ET Arkansas Auburn 5:30 PM ET Clemson Georgia 7:00 PM ET Idaho Florida 7:30 PM ET Southern Miss Mississippi State 9:00 PM ET Wisconsin LSU