SEC lunchtime links
- Tennessee has struggled to create big plays offensively thus far this season. Head coach Butch Jones said the Volunteers need "big chunk plays."
- During the Rebels' off week, head coach Hugh Freeze looked closely at Oregon's explosive offense and found a few things he hopes to add to Ole Miss' attack.
- Ole Miss and Texas A&M both run up-tempo offensive attacks, but they're different in style, which meant adjustments in preparation for the Alabama defense, which faced the Aggies on Sept. 14 and meets the Rebels on Saturday.
- Former Kentucky head coach Joker Phillips, who is now a receivers coach at Florida, makes his return to Lexington on the opposite sideline and it's a special return for he and his family.
- The running backs in Georgia-LSU are good ones, particularly Todd Gurley for the Bulldogs and Jeremy Hill for LSU. Though the focus is often on the quarterbacks, Gurley-Hill is an interesting subplot on Saturday.
- Georgia has been spending time trying to improve its special teams.
- South Carolina quarterback Connor Shaw is saving his best for last, trying to put together a strong senior campaign.
- Dominique Easley's injury means others will have to step up at defensive tackle for Florida, and that even includes some true freshmen.
- Auburn coach Gus Malzahn won't be watching Alabama-Ole Miss when the game starts; he'll be out on the road recruiting. He will watch it on his own time though, saying "I'll sit down and study it."
- Missouri's big receivers, Dorial Green-Beckham and Marcus Lucas, each reached the 100-yard receiving mark last week, the first time since 2010 that's happened in a single game for the Tigers.
- Mississippi State running back LaDarius Perkins is someone coach Dan Mullen said the Bulldogs want to get the football to.
Florida Gators, Georgia Bulldogs, South Carolina Gamecocks, Alabama Crimson Tide, Auburn Tigers, LSU Tigers, Tennessee Volunteers, Kentucky Wildcats, Mississippi Rebels, Mississippi State Bulldogs, Ole Miss Rebels, Missouri Tigers, Todd Gurley, Connor Shaw, Dominique Easley, Gus Malzahn, Hugh Freeze, Joker Phillips, Marcus Lucas, Dorial Green-Beckham, LaDarius Perkins, Jeremy Hill, Butch Jones
Recruiting Pitfall At Florida, Michigan
GATORNATION RECRUITING NEWS
FLORIDA FB RECRUITING SCORECARD
- Derek Tyson retweeted
- Derek Tyson retweeted
- Jeff Barlis retweeted
2014 SEC STANDINGS
12:00 PM ET Louisiana-Monroe Texas A&M 3:30 PM ET Florida 11 Georgia 4:00 PM ET Kentucky Missouri 7:00 PM ET 3 Auburn 4 Ole Miss 7:00 PM ET Old Dominion Vanderbilt 7:15 PM ET Arkansas 1 Mississippi State 7:30 PM ET Tennessee South Carolina