SEC lunchtime links
September, 16, 2013
By Alex Scarborough | ESPN.com
What a wild weekend of football it was. But now, we turn the page to Week 4 of the college football season and look forward to a new slate of games in the SEC.
- His ejection was overturned, but there were still 15 yards marched off and a first down rewarded to Texas A&M as a result of the play. Still, Alabama safety Ha Ha Clinton-Dix says there are no hard feelings about the targeting penalty.
- LSU will be Auburn's biggest test, and the Tigers defense is preparing to "scuff" its helmets for what will be a difficult game inside the box when it travels to Baton Rouge, La., to face the Bayou Bengals on Saturday.
- Arkansas lost starting quarterback Brandon Allen early in the game against Southern Miss this past weekend, but strong defense and a good running game were enough to make up for his absence.
- New LSU offensive coordinator Cam Cameron has had his offense show good balance in the first three weeks of the season.
- Johnny Manziel was right to say, "Our season isn't over." And he was even more correct when he added that, "Anything can happen. This is college football." Texas A&M is still in good position after losing to Alabama.
- Tennessee lost to a bear of an Oregon team, going all the way to the Northwest to get thumped 59-14 by the Ducks. But now the Vols have to pick up the pieces and turn the page in a hurry with a trip to Florida up next.
- We're officially three games into the Mark Stoops era at Kentucky. So what have we learned about the Wildcats thus far?
- Georgia has some fine-tuning to do. With North Texas next, Mark Richt is guarding against complacency.
- It was a familiar, painful ending for Mississippi State when it lost to Auburn in the final seconds on Saturday.
- Hugh Freeze is still in the process of tempering expectations after a strong first season at Ole Miss and a good start to Year 2. But through three games, there's been noticeable progress for the Rebels.
- Is Missouri coach Gary Pinkel on the hot seat? Bryan Burwell writes that if he is, he shouldn't be.
- Looking for a bright spot from Vanderbilt's 1-2 start? Look no further than the Commodores' special teams, which rank among the SEC's best.
GATORNATION RECRUITING NEWS
FLORIDA FB RECRUITING SCORECARD
- Nike Men's Florida Gators Blue Football Practice Legend T-shirt
- Fightin' Gators retweeted
- Will Muschamp retweeted
- Gatorsports.com retweeted
2014 SEC STANDINGS
TBD Bowling Green Tennessee TBD Wisconsin Alabama TBD UTEP Arkansas TBD Louisville Auburn TBD New Mexico State Florida TBD Louisiana-Monroe Georgia TBD Louisiana-Lafayette Kentucky TBD McNeese State LSU TBD Southeast Missouri State Missouri TBD Tennessee-Martin Ole Miss TBD Mississippi State Southern Miss TBD Arizona State Texas A&M TBD Western Kentucky Vanderbilt