SEC lunchtime links
- Nick Saban was in his rare form during his press conference on Tuesday evening. Even though Alabama blew out Virginia Tech in the season opener, he hopes the game served as a wake-up call for certain players.
- South Carolina quarterback Connor Shaw is 18-3 as a starter, but he's still seeking a signature win on the road. He'll get his chance this weekend when the Gamecocks play at Georgia.
- Texas A&M head coach Kevin Sumlin talks about managing Johnny Manziel's "passion" after some of the antics he showed Saturday against Rice.
- LSU has high hopes for quarterback Zach Mettenberger under the direction of new offensive coordinator Cam Cameron. The senior showed steady poise in the opening win over TCU.
- Despite the early loss to Clemson, Georgia is still feeling bullish about its season. The Bulldogs host South Carolina on Saturday.
- How much will Florida running back Matt Jones play in his season debut after missing all of fall camp? It depends on the heat and how well he's holding up, but the Gators have other viable options at the position.
- Auburn head coach Gus Malzahn will face his former team this Saturday. Since he left, Arkansas State has added a few new wrinkles to his offense.
- With Tyler Russell doubtful for Saturday's game, Mississippi State will turn to backup quarterback Dak Prescott to start against Alcorn State. Both Prescott and head coach Dan Mullen are confident that he's ready to go.
- A former Texas wide receiver is making the most of his opportunity at Missouri.
- Mark Stoops will have to repair his defense after a loss to Western Kentucky in the opener, but that's nothing new for the Kentucky head coach.
Florida Gators, Georgia Bulldogs, South Carolina Gamecocks, Alabama Crimson Tide, Auburn Tigers, Kentucky Wildcats, Mississippi State Bulldogs, Missouri Tigers, Texas A&M Aggies, LSU, matt jones, Dan Mullen, Tyler Russell, Nick Saban, Connor Shaw, Kevin Sumlin, Gus Malzahn, Zach Mettenberger, Mark Stoops, Johnny Manziel, Cam Cameron, Dak Prescott
Ranking the new SEC defensive coordinators
GATORNATION RECRUITING NEWS
FLORIDA FB RECRUITING SCORECARD
- Scott Carter retweeted
- GatorZone Football retweeted
- Emmitt Smith retweeted
2014 SEC STANDINGS
TBD San Josť St Auburn TBD Ole Miss Florida TBD Alabama Georgia TBD Eastern Kentucky Kentucky TBD Eastern Michigan LSU TBD Vanderbilt Middle Tennessee TBD South Carolina Missouri TBD Arkansas Tennessee TBD Mississippi State Texas A&M