SEC's lunchtime links
- Alabama has long been known for its defensive prowess but could a high-powered offense be the reason the No. 1 Crimson Tide make a run at a fourth championship in five seasons?
- There's a lot of youth on Arkansas' initial depth chart, as 15 freshmen or redshirt freshmen are on the offensive or defensive two-deep, which was released Sunday night.
- The status of Georgia true freshman safety Tray Matthews is uncertain, as the Bulldogs prepare for their opener against Clemson. Matthews has been listed as the starter at free safety since the end of spring practice.
- Under new offensive coordinator Cam Cameron, LSU's fullbacks are going to be asked to do more than just block.
- Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel was the center of attention on Saturday as the school hosted its annual "Meet the Aggies" autograph event for fans. Manziel signed an estimated 500 autographs as he smiled and greeted a line of hundreds who were eager to meet him.
- There's a certain feeling Steve Spurrier gets when facing North Carolina, one the South Carolina coach can date back to his days at Duke. The Gamecocks host the Tar Heels on Thursday night to open the season.
- At 6-foot-4 and 215 pounds, Tennessee's Marquez North isn't your typical freshman. Players and coaches are praising the young playmaker, who figures to see plenty of field time this fall.
- Missouri quarterback James Franklin is trying to move past a disappointing 2012 campaign. Steps he took this offseason to work toward that goal included improving his health and attitude, despite the criticism he took from fans.
- The relationship between Kentucky defensive coordinator D.J. Eliot and head coach Mark Stoops goes back more than 15 years. Now Eliot is trying to improve a defense that struggled mightily in 2012.
- Auburn senior defensive end Craig Sanders expects to make his first career start on Saturday against Washington State in place of the injured Dee Ford. Sanders is fired up about the opportunity.
Georgia Bulldogs, South Carolina Gamecocks, Alabama Crimson Tide, Arkansas Razorbacks, Auburn Tigers, LSU Tigers, Tennessee Volunteers, Kentucky Wildcats, Missouri Tigers, Texas A&M Aggies, James Franklin, Steve Spurrier, Mark Stoops, Marquez North, Tray Matthews, Dee Ford, Kenny Bell, Johnny Manziel, Cam Cameron, SEC lunchtime links, Craig Sanders, D.J. Eliot
Gators Lose Two ESPN 300 Commits
GATORNATION RECRUITING NEWS
FLORIDA FB RECRUITING SCORECARD
- Nike Men's Florida Gators #1 Blue Replica Game Football Jersey
- Scott Carter retweeted
- Jeff Barlis retweeted
2014 SEC STANDINGS
6:00 PM ET Texas A&M South Carolina 8:00 PM ET Boise State Ole Miss 9:15 PM ET Temple Vanderbilt
12:00 PM ET Tennessee-Martin Kentucky 3:30 PM ET West Virginia Alabama 3:30 PM ET South Dakota State Missouri 4:00 PM ET Arkansas Auburn 5:30 PM ET Clemson Georgia 7:00 PM ET Idaho Florida 7:30 PM ET Southern Miss Mississippi State 9:00 PM ET Wisconsin LSU