The AggreGator: Good news, bad news
GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- The good news for Florida fans is that the recruiting season is in full effect, and it's a nice way for fans to put the bad taste of this football season out of their mouths. The bad news is that the basketball team is playing so well, there's a chance for one or maybe even two big losses to the NBA draft this summer.
All Under Armour All-America Game team (Insider)
Our national analyst Craig Haubert breaks down the best of the best who have participated in the five-year history of this game. One Gator made the list:
DT: Dominique Easley ('10)(College: Florida(The impact Easley had during the 2010 Under Armour week was unmistakable. The prospect out of Staten Island, N.Y., proved unblockable all week with his lightning-quick first step. Not only was he a disruptive force in the practices, he put forth an MVP performance in the game, finishing with three tackles for loss, one sack and a forced fumble. The Florida Gator entered the week a top-50 prospect and left a top-five.
OK, let's get you prepared for tonight's big road game -- No. 10 Florida at Rutgers, 7 p.m. ET on ESPN2 (or you can watch it right here) -- with some notes from our friends at ESPN Stats & Information:
* Florida is 10-0 vs. teams not ranked No. 3 at the time of the game (0-2 vs teams ranked No. 3).
• This is Florida's first time playing three true non-conference road games (Ohio State, Syracuse and Rutgers) since the 1993-94 season, when the Gators went to Final Four.
• Florida averages 85.8 points, which is sixth in the country.
• Florida has hit 133 3pointers, which is first in the country, and taken 333, which is third in the country. The Gators are shooting 39.9 percent (23rd in the country).
• Junior guard Mike Rosario scored 1,051 points in two seasons at Rutgers before transferring to Florida and sitting out last season.
• Rutgers is averaging 9.4 steals per game, tied for 13th in the country.
• Rutgers won its last home game against a top-10 team, 77-76 over No. 10 Villanova last season.
An early look at my big board (Insider)
Doug Gottlieb scans the college basketball landscape for a look at who he considers the top 30 prospects for the NBA's June entry draft. He's got Florida freshman guard Bradley Beal at No. 6 and sophomore forward Patric Young at No. 15.
10 teams that impressed this week
The Gators made Andy Katz's list for the second week in a row, thanks to their impressive victory over in-state rival Florida State.
Let's hop over to baseball, specifically that fragile dance that is recruiting elite athletes only to see major league teams pry them away with hoards of cash ...
Top 10 Florida high school prospects from the Class of 2012
Jason A. Churchill looks at the Top 10 Florida high school prospects from the Class of 2012. Three of the top seven are Florida commits, including No. 1 Lance McCullers Jr., who could be a top pitcher and hitter in the mold of UF's Brian Johnson.
And finally, what's a day without a laugh from Page 2?
Nickelback can save bowl attendance
Page 2's DJ Gallo checks in with his Varsity Tailgate. With many games facing flagging attendance, DJ's bowl preview includes a foolproof plan to sell the games to fans, with our secret ingredient: A hefty dose of Nickelback. He doesn't have much to say on the Gator Bowl, but it's an enjoyable read for all.
Best recruiting classes in the past 10 years
TBD San Josť St Auburn TBD Ole Miss Florida TBD Alabama Georgia TBD Eastern Kentucky Kentucky TBD Eastern Michigan LSU TBD Vanderbilt Middle Tennessee TBD South Carolina Missouri TBD Arkansas Tennessee TBD Mississippi State Texas A&M