- Mike DiRocco, ESPN Staff Writer
GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Which Florida players are making the biggest contributions on the field?
GatorNation will tell you every week. It’s not just a list of MVP candidates, but a compilation of the players who are making the biggest difference each week.
Here’s this week’s top 10 (last week’s rankings in parentheses):
1. K Caleb Sturgis (NR): He accounted for all of Florida’s points against Georgia, kicking field goals of 38, 22 and 50 yards. Sturgis is now 15-for-17 this season.
2. S Josh Evans (9): Evans made 6 tackles, picked off one pass, and broke up another. He’s having a solid senior season.
3. S Matt Elam (NR): He picked off one pass and broke up another. After having trouble completing passes in the middle of the field, Georgia threw more sideline patterns and that kept Elam from having a bigger impact.
4. RB Mike Gillislee (NR): There was little room because Georgia was stacking the box in order to stop him, but Gillislee managed to gain 77 yards on 22 carries. He also caught 2 passes for 40 yards, including a 29-yard screen pass.
5. Georgia QB Aaron Murray (NR): He did more for UF’s offense than any Gators offensive player other than Gillislee. He threw 3 interceptions, and the Gators turned two of them into field goals.
6. P Kyle Christy (4): He wasn’t as dominating as he usually is, but he averaged 46.7 yards on three punts.
7. TE Jordan Reed (2): His fumble at the goal line was certainly a killer, but he remains UF’s top target in the passing game. He caught 5 passes for 74 yards.
8. WR Quinton Dunbar (NR): He had one drop but he caught 3 passes for 40 yards.
9. LB Jon Bostic (NR): He had 7 tackles.
10. DT Sharrif Floyd (7): He had 2 tackles for loss and 4 tackles total.
4dAlex Scarborough and Greg Ostendorf
10dGreg Ostendorf and Alex Scarborough