- Mike DiRocco, ESPN Staff Writer
GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Which Florida players are making the biggest contributions on the field?
GatorNation will tell you every week. It’s not just a list of MVP candidates, but a compilation of the players who are making the biggest difference each week.
Here’s this week’s top 10 (last week’s rankings in parentheses):
2. TE Jordan Reed (NR): He caught two touchdown passes, but he also ran an onside kickoff back 35 yards and nearly had another touchdown. Reed’s best play was the screen he took for 39 yards.
3. CB Loucheiz Purifoy (NR): He forced two fumbles and his sack and strip of Connor Shaw on the game’s first offensive play set the tone for the day.
4. P Kyle Christy (NR): He averaged 54.3 yards on seven punts and didn’t have one shorter than 51 yards. He now leads the nation in punting with a 47.9 average.
5. RB/FB Trey Burton (NR): Burton made a fantastic play on special teams, causing and recovering a fumble on a punt return. He also ran for 10 yards on 5 carries.
6. PR/KR Andre Debose (7): Debose finally got loose for a 39-yard kickoff return and a 19-yard punt return. He did a better job of fielding punts, too, letting only one bounce that should have been caught.
7. DT Sharrif Floyd (NR): Floyd blocked a field goal and had 4 tackles, including one for a loss.
8. WR Solomon Patton (6): Patton made a big play on special teams for the second week in a row. He caused a fumble on a kickoff return that the Gators turned into a touchdown.
9. S Josh Evans (4): Evans led UF with 7 tackles and he also had 2 pass breakups. He has really improved in coverage.
10. CB Jaylen Watkins (NR): He had 5 tackles and 2 pass breakups, continuing a solid season.
20hSam Khan Jr.