Alabama Crimson Tide: Josh Henson
- There was a lot of offseason buildup for South Carolina defensive end Jadeveon Clowney as a potential Heisman Trophy candidate, but his performance in the Gamecocks' 27-10 win over North Carolina lacked sizzle.
- Vanderbilt's Jordan Matthews was resilient, fighting through cramps and taking big hits yet still delivering an impressive performance in the Commodores 39-35 loss to Ole Miss.
- With his father -- who traveled all day to make it -- watching, Jeff Scott's 75-yard touchdown run helped the Rebels to a thrilling win over the Commodores, leading Ole Miss coach Hugh Freeze to say "We stole one."
- While there are experienced returnees at several key positions for defending BCS champion Alabama, the Crimson Tide have a rebuilt offensive line, which includes three players who will make their first career starts on Saturday vs. Virginia Tech.
- It has been a long road for LSU senior safety Craig Loston. He reflects on his journey as he readies for his final season in Baton Rouge.
- Despite a "rough" camp that leaves them with just six scholarship players at the position, Arkansas receivers say they're ready for their season opener against Louisiana-Lafayette.
- Quarterback James Franklin and new offensive coordinator Josh Henson are ready to show everyone what's in store for Missouri's offense in 2013.
- Kentucky offensive coordinator Neal Brown, a disciple of the "Air Raid" offense, discusses his offense and even diagrams a few plays on video.
- Auburn head coach Gus Malzahn is restless and ready for some football.
- When looking back at the family history of Heisman Trophy quarterback Johnny Manziel, one thorough, exhaustive piece was "fundamentally flawed," according to the San Antonio Express-News.
Alabama Crimson Tide, LSU Tigers, Auburn Tigers, Arkansas Razorbacks, Mississippi Rebels, South Carolina Gamecocks, Vanderbilt Commodores, Ole Miss Rebels, Kentucky Wildcats, Missouri Tigers, Texas A&M Aggies, James Franklin, Jeff Scott, Jordan Matthews, Jadeveon Clowney, Johnny Manziel, Gus Malzahn, Craig Loston, Neal Brown, Josh Henson
TIDENATION RECRUITING NEWS
ALABAMA FB RECRUITING SCORECARD
- ESPN_SEC retweeted
- Alabama Football retweeted
- Touchdown Alabama retweeted
2014 SEC STANDINGS
6:15 1st Qtr 3 Ole Miss 0 24 LSU 0 14:25 1st Qtr South Carolina 0 5 Auburn 0 12:52 1st Qtr 4 Alabama 0 Tennessee 0 Final UAB 17 Arkansas 45 Final 1 Mississippi State 45 Kentucky 31 Final Vanderbilt 14 Missouri 24