Alabama Crimson Tide: Cory Lemonier
1. LSU: The Tigers had one of the best springs around. Things were quiet off the field, and the offense rallied behind quarterback Zach Mettenberger. Coach Les Miles was very impressed with Mettenberger's play and maturity, and expects LSU's offense to be more balanced with him under center. LSU can still use four or five running backs as well. Defensively, the Tigers are stacked once again, especially up front with two potential first-rounders in ends Sam Montgomery and Barkevious Mingo. Questions surround the inexperienced linebackers, but Kevin Minter had a tremendous spring in the middle. On paper, LSU is equipped with the talent to make another title run, and gets Alabama at home this year.
2. Alabama: The defending national champs saw a lot of "new" faces on defense this spring, but coach Nick Saban left happy with where his players were -- but not satisfied. There is still work to be done, especially in the secondary, where the Tide must replace three starters. Dont'a Hightower and Courtney Upshaw are gone at linebacker, but the coaches were impressed with how Nico Johnson, C.J. Mosley and Adrian Hubbard played this spring. Some think Hubbard, a redshirt sophomore, could be Bama's top pass-rusher. Offensively, quarterback AJ McCarron is back, more mature and surrounded by a very veteran line. He has a group of younger receivers to throw to, but has at least four quality running backs. Alabama's road to repeating is tougher, with games at Arkansas and LSU.
3. South Carolina: A healthy Marcus Lattimore (knee) makes South Carolina an even better contender for the SEC East crown. His status is uncertain, but the pieces around him are pretty impressive. Quarterback Connor Shaw had an impressive spring, and looks ready to be the passer coach Steve Spurrier wants him to be. The defense is once again stacked, especially up front with ends Jadeveon Clowney and Devin Taylor. There are questions in the secondary, with two new, young starters in Victor Hampton (cornerback) and Brison Williams (safety), and senior Akeem Auguste coming back after missing all of last season with a foot injury. Still, Spurrier is chirping about his SEC counterparts, so you know he thinks he's got a good team this year.
Alabama Crimson Tide, Florida Gators, Georgia Bulldogs, LSU Tigers, Auburn Tigers, Arkansas Razorbacks, Tennessee Volunteers, Mississippi Rebels, SEC, South Carolina Gamecocks, Vanderbilt Commodores, Mississippi State Bulldogs, Kentucky Wildcats, Missouri Tigers, Texas A&M Aggies, Dont'a Hightower, Courtney Upshaw, Nick Saban, AJ McCarron, C.J. Mosley, Zach Mettenberger, Aaron Murray, Bobby Petrino, Brian VanGorder, Chris Boyd, Connor Shaw, Derek Dooley, Hugh Freeze, James Franklin, Jeff Scott, Jordan Matthews, Knile Davis, Marcus Lattimore, Morgan Newton, Nickolas Brassell, Tyler Russell, Tyler Wilson, Will Muschamp, Sal Sunseri, Nico Johnson, Steve Spurrier, Clint Moseley, Isaiah Crowell, Kiehl Frazier, LaDarius Perkins, Nick Griffin, Patrick Towles, Scot Loeffler, Tyler Bray, Barkevious Mingo, Devin Taylor, Dominique Easley, Jadeveon Clowney, Jarvis Jones, Denico Autry, Adrian Hubbard, 051812 power rankings, Akeem Auguste, Brison Williams, Chad Bumphis, Chase Garnham, Christine Michael, Cobi Hamilton, Cory Lemonier, Da'Rick Rogers, Damontre Moore, Daryl Collins, Demarco Robinson, Gary Pinkel, Gene Chizik, Jacoby Brissett, Jameill Showers, Jeff Driskel, John L. Smith, Joker Phillips, Jonathan Stewart, Jordan Rodgers, Justin Hunter, Kevin Minter, Kevin Sumlin, Luke Joeckel, Marquel Wade, Maxwell Smith, Paul Haynes, Ronald Powell, Ryan Swope, Sean Porter, Steven Jenkins, Trey Wilson, Victory Hampton, Walker May
TIDENATION RECRUITING NEWS
ALABAMA FB RECRUITING SCORECARD
- Christopher Walsh retweeted
- Chase Goodbread retweeted
- Alex Scarborough retweeted
- Tommy Deas retweeted
- Tommy Deas retweeted
2014 SEC STANDINGS
Final Troy 0 13 Georgia 66 Final 6 Texas A&M 58 SMU 6 Final Florida 21 3 Alabama 42 Final Indiana 31 18 Missouri 27 Final Northern Illinois 14 Arkansas 52 Final Mississippi State 34 8 LSU 29 Final 14 South Carolina 48 Vanderbilt 34