Alabama Crimson Tide: Connor Neighbors
November, 29, 2013
By Greg Ostendorf | ESPN.com
It was a good start to Week 13 with a thriller in the Egg Bowl. There still are plenty of games to be played, including Saturday’s Iron Bowl. Let’s take a look around the SEC:
- Alabama quarterback AJ McCarron can make a case for the Heisman Trophy with a strong performance against Auburn on Saturday.
- Gus Malzahn has turned Auburn’s program around in just one year. His signature gesture points the program to an even higher goal.
- Defensive end Michael Sam, a former-two-star recruit, has emerged as one of the SEC’s top pass rushers, giving Missouri’s defense an edge.
- Jadeveon Clowney took a shot at Clemson quarterback Tajh Boyd over the summer, and he’ll get a chance to back it up Saturday in the Palmetto Bowl.
- LSU fullback Connor Neighbors worked his way from afterthought to playing a key role in the Tigers’ offense this season.
- Johnny Manziel expects to bounce back Saturday at Missouri.
- Dak Prescott wasn’t expected to play for Mississippi State on Thursday, but he came in during the fourth quarter and led the Bulldogs past Ole Miss in the Egg Bowl.
- Georgia’s Ramik Wilson making the most of a move to inside linebacker.
- Florida State legend Bobby Bowden has coached in his fair share of Florida-FSU games, but he doesn’t remember the gap ever being this wide.
- Running back Wesley Tate eyes big finish to his up-and-down career at Vanderbilt.
September, 17, 2013
By Alex Scarborough | ESPN.com
Still reliving last weekend's games? You're not alone. With no football on tonight -- not even professional -- just do what I'm doing to get by and find a game on your DVR.
- Alabama's tight ends and H-backs thrived against Texas A&M, gaining confidence in their place in the offense.
- Nick Marshall's growth under center for Auburn has been swift. Said one teammate: "He has an unbelievable amount of potential."
- Arkansas is preparing for its first road test under coach Bret Bielema.
- Connor Neighbors showed against Kent State what type of impact he can have on LSU's offense at fullback.
- AJ McCarron and Johnny Manziel's duel on Saturday was unlike any other.
- South Carolina's offense is 'clicking on all cylinders' heading into the bye week.
- Three games into the season, Butch Jones appears to be reopening the quarterback competition.
- Contrary to popular opinion, Florida's season didn't end at the hands of Miami. The Gators say that many of their goals are still attainable.
- Georgia cornerback Sheldon Dawson entered the preseason as a starter, but has hardly played in the first few games. He's frustrated, but remains upbeat.
- Missouri's Andrew Wilson is resigned to serving the half-game suspension against Indiana for a targeting penalty he received in a game this past weekend.
- James Franklin is changing the way Vanderbilt practices in hopes of injecting some life into his 1-2 football team.
Which Players Have The Most To Prove In 2015?
TBD Bowling Green Tennessee TBD Wisconsin Alabama TBD UTEP Arkansas TBD Louisville Auburn TBD New Mexico State Florida TBD Louisiana-Monroe Georgia TBD Louisiana-Lafayette Kentucky TBD McNeese State LSU TBD Southeast Missouri State Missouri TBD Tennessee-Martin Ole Miss TBD Mississippi State Southern Miss TBD Arizona State Texas A&M TBD Western Kentucky Vanderbilt