Monday, November 12, 2012
Alabama 10: Week 11 power rankings
By Alex Scarborough
The TideNation's power rankings look at the top 10 Alabama players raising their game. Every week, we’ll update these rankings to reflect how specific areas of the Alabama football program are faring.
Here are this week's power rankings:
1. LB C.J. Mosley: Mosley didn't play his best on Saturday night, but credit the Texas A&M offense and Johnny Manziel. Still, Mosley led the team with 14 tackles.
2. G Chance Warmack: Simply put, there hasn't been a more consistent performer on both sides of the ball than Warmack, dominating from the guard position.
3. CB Dee Milliner: There weren't many balls thrown Milliner's way against Texas A&M, another sign that he's one of the top cornerbacks in the league.
4. QB AJ McCarron: His Heisman campaign is over after back-to-back subpar performances, tossing his first two interceptions against Texas A&M.
5. RB Eddie Lacy: He played through the pain on Saturday night and he played well, racking up 92 yards and a touchdown on 16 carries, regaining the team lead for rushing yards on the season.
6. NG Jesse Williams: After struggling through the first quarter against Manziel and the Texas A&M offense, Williams and the defensive line found their groove, affecting the quarterback while maintaining gap assignments.
7. RB T.J. Yeldon: You'll remember Yeldon's key fumble, but don't forget the numbers this true freshman has put up this season, putting up nine touchdowns and more than 800 yards of offense.
8. C Barett Jones: For the second straight game, Alabama's offensive line kept McCarron upright. Texas A&M had just two sacks on Saturday night.
9. WR Amari Cooper: Cooper showed he's healthy enough to be the go-to guy at receiver this weekend, leading the team with six catches for 136 yards and a touchdown.
10. P Cody Mandell: If there's a special teams MVP this season it's Mandell, who has been a boon the past two games. He flipped field position against Texas A&M, averaging 56.5 yards per punt.