- Alex Scarborough, ESPN Staff Writer
In advance of Saturday's game between No. 1 Alabama and Western Kentucky, let's look at five key storylines for the Crimson Tide.
1. Running game rotation: With health still a lingering issue for starting running back Eddie Lacy, do the Tide use him against WKU or have him rest for next week's game against Arkansas? If he doesn't go, how many carries does T.J. Yeldon get in a starting role?
2. Defending the big play: Michigan showed that the Alabama defense could be susceptible to the big play in Texas. Cleaning up those mistakes in time for an Arkansas will be key for a young secondary.
3. Pressuring the quarterback: The goal wasn't to sack the quarterback against Michigan, it was simply to contain him. Against WKU, the line could pin its ears back more in pass rush.
4. Finding the twos and threes: We got to see some of the Tide's depth in a blowout of Michigan. Against WKU, expect to see the twos and threes early and often.
3dJeremy Crabtree and Brandon Chatmon