Countdown to kickoff: 24
The University of Alabama defense was historically good. We've gone over that, but it goes beyond stopping the pass or stuffing the running game. When a play needed to be made, the Crimson Tide were there consistently. On third down -- crunch time -- the Alabama defense allowed the offense to convert and make a first down 24 percent of the time.
In another area wrought with pressure, the UA defense held its own and more. Inside the red zone, Alabama surrendered just six total touchdowns.
So where did the Crimson Tide rank in red-zone and third-down defense. Let's take a look:
1. Alabama: 24.46 percent conversion
2. Florida: 27.27 percent conversion
3. Georgia: 28.93 percent conversion
Red zone defense
1. Alabama: 55 points, .59 scoring percentage
2. Houston: 213 points, .67 scoring percentage
3. Michigan: 169 points, .69 scoring percentage
Saban: Peyton's Visit: 'Mutually Beneficial'
TIDENATION RECRUITING NEWS
ALABAMA FB RECRUITING SCORECARD
- Fathead Mark Ingram Alabama Crimson Tide Wall Graphic
2013 SEC STANDINGS
TBD Temple Vanderbilt TBD Texas A&M South Carolina 8:00 PM ET Boise State Ole Miss
TBD Arkansas Auburn TBD Idaho Florida TBD Clemson Georgia TBD Tennessee-Martin Kentucky TBD South Dakota State Missouri TBD Southern Miss Mississippi State 3:30 PM ET West Virginia Alabama 9:00 PM ET LSU Wisconsin