Recapping the week of 2014
June, 29, 2012
By TideNation staff | ESPN.com
ESPN.comThe Crimson Tide continues to chase the best talent in the nation in 2014.Here at TideNation, we did something a little different this week. Greg Ostendorf and Alex Scarborough took a long, hard look at some of the top prospects in the 2014 class. With 18 players already committed to this year's class, why not look ahead? Why not zero in on a few high-profile athletes who are on Alabama's radar and might make the difference as Nick Saban aims for yet another top-three finish in the class rankings?
What we came up with was a comprehensive look at some of the best athletes in the country and told you their stories.
- Alex Scarborough writes: Louisiana running back Leonard Fournette has seen the worst humanity has to offer, but stays positive. He battles adversity every day and has become one of the best tailbacks in the country.
- Greg Ostendorf writes: Landon Collins caused a stir when he chose Alabama over LSU, much to his mother's disapproval. Now his younger brother, defensive lineman Gerald Willis, is starting the recruiting process. Video: Willis talks with Ostendorf about how his recruitment has gone thus far.
- Dave Hooker writes: Todd Kelly Jr., son of the former star Tennessee Volunteer, is making a name for himself. the star defensive back has several options, including the Crimson Tide.
- Alex Scarborough writes: Marlon Humphrey is a 2014 defensive back who is piling up major offers, including one from Alabama, where his father, Bobby, was a talented tailback in the mid-1980s.
- Greg Ostendorf writes: The state of Alabama is brimming with talent in next year's class, including one of the nation's best running backs, Bo Scarbrough. The Crimson Tide are keeping an eye on them all.
- Each day, Ostendorf broke down the top prospects in the state of Alabama. Find his analysis here.