SEC lunchtime links
May, 12, 2014
By Alex Scarborough | ESPN.com
Still hung over from the NFL draft? Same here. I'm still trying to figure out why so many of the SEC's quarterbacks fell, though apparently we've gotten some answers regarding AJ McCarron.
- Former Alabama quarterback AJ McCarron responded to the scouts who questioned his leadership and those who still doubt him.
- Got a second? Auburn Iron Bowl hero Chris Davis didn't need much time to sign a free-agency deal after the NFL draft came and went without his name being called.
- Razorback players like tight end Hunter Henry had seen clips of the tornadoes that ravaged Central Arkansas, but nothing prepared them for witnessing the damage firsthand. On Friday, Henry and six teammates took time to help participate in the clean up and recovery efforts.
- Even after a down season Florida puts players in the NFL. Five former Gators have agreed to free-agent deals, including the multi-dimensional Trey Burton.
- After watching Shaq Wiggings leave Athens, Ga., it's fair to examine whether Georgia's trend of transfers is worrisome.
- If for nothing other than the clever bit of headline writing, read this story: "LSU's Zach Mettenberger glad the Titans remembered him in the NFL draft."
- President Barack Obama called the Rams drafting former Missouri defensive end Michael Sam "an important step forward."
- Is Jadeveon Clowney the last in a run of top in-state talent in South Carolina?
TIDENATION RECRUITING NEWS
ALABAMA FB RECRUITING SCORECARD
- Chris Stewart retweeted
- AJ McCarron retweeted
- Alabama Athletics retweeted
- Edward Aschoff retweeted
2014 SEC STANDINGS
Final UCF 10 20 Missouri 38 Final Massachusetts 31 Vanderbilt 34 Final Arkansas 49 Texas Tech 28 Final 6 Georgia 35 24 South Carolina 38 Final Louisiana-Lafayette 15 14 Ole Miss 56 Final Mississippi State 35 South Alabama 3 Final Southern Miss 12 3 Alabama 52 Final Louisiana-Monroe 0 10 LSU 31 Final/3OT Kentucky 30 Florida 36 Final Tennessee 10 4 Oklahoma 34 Final Rice 10 7 Texas A&M 38