SEC lunchtime links
May, 9, 2014
By Edward Aschoff | ESPN.com
Thursday night's draft was pretty entertaining, but let's not forget that the real entertainment starts next week when the greatest superhero ever returns!
- Johnny Manziel said he truly believed he was supposed to get drafted by the Cleveland Browns on Thursday night.
- South Carolina fans celebrate Jadeveon Clowney being drafted first overall by the Houston Texans.
- Former Auburn defensive end Dee Ford's draft party takes a turn for the inspirational after he was selected 23rd overall by the Kansas City Chiefs during the first round of the NFL draft.
- Former Missouri running back Henry Josey is ready to prove himself in the NFL.
- Former Mississippi State offensive lineman Gabe Jackson worked his way to high acclaim as he waits to hear his name called in the draft.
- Ole Miss hasn't had anyone drafted inside the top five rounds since 2010, but wide receiver Donte Moncrief could change that as early as today.
- Quarterback Zach Mettenberger and other former LSU Tigers should be prominent on the second day of the draft.
- Former Alabama linebacker C.J. Mosley plans to be his own man with the Baltimore Ravens.
- Seth Emerson of the Macon (Ga.) Telegraph takes a deeper look at Georgia's defensive line now that spring practice is over.
- The commitment of Ohio linebacker Jordan Jones helps fill an area of need for Kentucky.
- Former Arkansas linemen Chris Smith and Travis Swanson are eager to hear their draft calls.
SEC Recruiting Classes Evaluated
TBD San José St Auburn TBD Ole Miss Florida TBD Alabama Georgia TBD Eastern Kentucky Kentucky TBD Eastern Michigan LSU TBD Vanderbilt Middle Tennessee TBD South Carolina Missouri TBD Arkansas Tennessee TBD Mississippi State Texas A&M