- David Ching, ESPN Staff Writer
- 0 Shares
Let's take a quick spin around the SEC with today's lunch links.
• With a vote on SEC football schedules looming, South Carolina has a clear preference on which format it prefers moving forward.
• The NCAA's Division I Board of Directors is expected to endorse a proposal that will provide more autonomy for the 65 schools in the five biggest conferences.
• Brandon Allen enters Saturday's spring game as Arkansas' clear-cut No. 1 player at quarterback.
• Depth remains Butch Jones' biggest concern at Tennessee.
• Redshirt freshman Marqui Hawkins told the Gainesville Sun he's transferring from Florida in search of a fresh start and a chance to play receiver.
• Kentucky is running a bit low on receivers for the time being after coach Mark Stoops confirmed Wednesday that A.J. Legree plans to transfer and that Jeff Badet is out for a couple months with a broken leg.
• ESPN NFL draft analyst Mel Kiper Jr. said the high number of busts that have come from Alabama would factor into his evaluations of Crimson Tide prospects like Ha Ha Clinton-Dix and C.J. Mosley.
• Speaking of the draft, Kony Ealy looks like the most likely choice as the first Missouri player to be picked. The Columbia Daily Tribune's David Morrison details where the Tigers' prospects sit in a series of prospect rankings.
• Opelika-Auburn News columnist Mike Szvetitz writes that Auburn still has a point to prove: It was not a one-hit wonder with its turnaround season in 2013.
• In his eighth NFL draft diary with NOLA.com's Jim Kleinpeter, former LSU offensive lineman Trai Turner said playing his position in college can be difficult.
7hGreg Ostendorf and Alex Scarborough
6dSam Khan Jr.