SEC's lunch links
- Sam goes from football star to pioneer, writes Sam Mellinger of The Kansas City Star.
- Sam, his teammates and coaches prove that gay athletes shouldn't have to choose secrecy, writes Joe Walljasper of the Columbia Daily Tribune.
- Former Alabama punter Cody Mandell supports "courageous" Michael Sam.
- Mississippi State tight end Rufus Warren tweets that he looks "down on gay football players."
- Tennessee linebacker A.J. Johnson and defensive lineman Danny O'Brien were arrested on alcohol-related charges and resisting arrest.
- Tennessee graduate assistant Cody Kempt has been hired at Montana State.
- Dwight Collins of The Gainesville Sun, gives us a quick pre-spring practice perspective in the SEC.
- Check out where each SEC team got its 2014 signees.
- ESPN 300 wide receiver Cameron Sims of Monroe, La., was one of the first Louisiana-based dominoes to fall Alabama's way for its 2014 class.
- Auburn is looking to restock along the offensive line in its next recruiting cycle.
- Auburn signee Kalvaraz Bessent was arrested on marijuana-related felony charges on Friday.
- Auburn defensive line coach Rodney Garner overcomes negative recruiting to flip Georgia recruit Dontavius Russell.
- Georgia defense's defense will be "varied" and "multiple" under new coordinator Jeremy Pruitt.
- Utah quarterback coach Brian Johnson is expected to join Mississippi State's staff.
- Kentucky's webcast raises the bar for the Wildcats' 2015 signing day.
- Recruiting rankings mean nothing to Arkansas' coaching staff.
- Clemson might win recruiting battles, but South Carolina wins on the field.
- ESPN 300 defensive back Quincy Wilson's commitment to Florida was solid from the beginning.
- With transfer offensive tackle Christian Morris undergoing surgery to repair an injured Achilles, Ole Miss is now searching for a right tackle this spring.
- How much did former Vanderbilt head coach James Franklin hurt the Commodores' 2014 recruiting class?
Alabama Crimson Tide, Florida Gators, Georgia Bulldogs, Auburn Tigers, Arkansas Razorbacks, Tennessee Volunteers, SEC, South Carolina Gamecocks, Vanderbilt Commodores, Mississippi State Bulldogs, Ole Miss Rebels, Kentucky Wildcats, Missouri Tigers, Cody Mandell, James Franklin, Christian Morris, Quincy Wilson, Rodney Garner, Cameron Sims, Kalvaraz Bessent, Michael Sam, Brian Johnson, Rufus Warren
TIDENATION RECRUITING NEWS
ALABAMA FB RECRUITING SCORECARD
- SEC Football News retweeted
- Andrew Gribble retweeted
- Andrew Bone retweeted
2014 SEC STANDINGS
8:25 4th Qtr Northern Illinois 14 Arkansas 45 14:31 4th Qtr Mississippi State 34 8 LSU 10 6:52 3rd Qtr 14 South Carolina 24 Vanderbilt 21 Final Troy 0 13 Georgia 66 Final 6 Texas A&M 58 SMU 6 Final Florida 21 3 Alabama 42 Final Indiana 31 18 Missouri 27