On the eve of national signing day, all eyes have turned to the world of recruiting. How will your team finish? Who will be the next great player in the SEC? Tuesday’s lunch links provide a preview of the big day and also take a look around the league.
- The Crimson Tide’s No. 1 recruiting class is littered with prospects from all over the country, but Alabama hasn’t turned its back on its back yard, securing six in-state commitments.
- Auburn’s trip to the Little Apple (Manhattan, Kan.) wasn’t going to be easy, but now the Tigers have to play Kansas State on a Thursday night, and weeknight games on ESPN haven’t been kind to top-10 teams in the past.
- The ACC and Florida State might have won the BCS National Championship, but the SEC still stands at the top in recruiting.
- No. 1 prospect Leonard Fournette isn’t the only running back committed to LSU. Three-star Darrel Williams is following his dream to play for the Tigers, and he’s eager to compete when he gets there.
- Kentucky has plenty of top recruits in this year's class, but Adrian Middleton is one who’s flown under the radar and yet could have a big impact.
- On national signing day, recruits will hold press conferences with hats laid out on a table. They pick up the hat of the school they’re planning to attend, but what happens to the hats that aren’t picked up?
- Former NFL star Al Harris, who played at Texas A&M, tells his son to reward South Carolina for its loyalty when it comes time to sign his national letter of intent.
- The middle of Tennessee is loaded with talent in the Class of 2014, and first-year coach Butch Jones is reaping the benefits with the Volunteers.
Projecting Impact Teams in 2015 Recruiting
Final Washington State 45 Colorado State 48 Final 20 Fresno State 20 25 USC 45 Final Buffalo 24 San Diego State 49 Final Tulane 21 Louisiana-Lafayette 24
Final Pittsburgh 30 Bowling Green 27 Final Utah State 21 23 Northern Illinois 14
Final Marshall 31 Maryland 20 Final Syracuse 21 Minnesota 17 Final Brigham Young 16 Washington 31
Final Rutgers 16 Notre Dame 29 Final Cincinnati 17 North Carolina 39 Final Miami (FL) 9 18 Louisville 36 Final Michigan 14 Kansas State 31
Final Middle Tennessee 6 Navy 24 Final Ole Miss 25 Georgia Tech 17 Final 10 Oregon 30 Texas 7 Final 14 Arizona State 23 Texas Tech 37
Final Arizona 42 Boston College 19 Final Virginia Tech 12 17 UCLA 42 Final Rice 7 Mississippi State 44 Final 24 Duke 48 21 Texas A&M 52
Final Nebraska 24 22 Georgia 19 Final UNLV 14 North Texas 36 Final Iowa 14 16 LSU 21 Final 19 Wisconsin 24 9 South Carolina 34 Final 5 Stanford 20 4 Michigan State 24 Final 15 UCF 52 6 Baylor 42
Final 13 Oklahoma State 31 8 Missouri 41 Final 12 Clemson 40 7 Ohio State 35