SEC lunchtime links
January, 22, 2014
By Alex Scarborough | ESPN.com
Time for a quick tour around the SEC.
- It was classic Nick Saban: express both disappointment and support, while not expressly saying the player's name. Such was the case when Alabama's head coach was asked about his former safety, Vinnie Sunseri, and his decision to turn pro early.
- I had no idea what Barrett Trotter was up to these days, did you? Well, the former Auburn quarterback appears to be enjoying the life of an NFL scout.
- It should come as no surprise that when coaches leave, they don't just take a stack of boxes with them. Like former Georgia defensive coordinator Todd Grantham, they try to steal a few recruits along the way, too.
- With 14 players already on campus and another 20 already committed, the tough work appears to be over for Butch Jones and the rest of the Tennessee coaching staff. But there are other things to look out for, including the courtship of blue-chip prospect Adoree' Jackson.
- Don't think for a second that Mark Stoops isn't looking at having three former Kentucky football players in the Super Bowl and licking his chops. Recruiting sales pitches don't get any more gift-wrapped.
- It's officially official: Jeff Grimes will coach the offensive line at LSU. "He helped Auburn win a national title in 2010," Les Miles was quick to point out.
Stoops Talks Sugar Bowl Win
6:00 PM ET Texas A&M South Carolina 8:00 PM ET Boise State Ole Miss 9:15 PM ET Temple Vanderbilt
12:00 PM ET Tennessee-Martin Kentucky 3:30 PM ET West Virginia Alabama 3:30 PM ET South Dakota State Missouri 4:00 PM ET Arkansas Auburn 5:30 PM ET Clemson Georgia 7:00 PM ET Idaho Florida 7:30 PM ET Southern Miss Mississippi State 9:00 PM ET Wisconsin LSU