After this weekend, all the underclassmen who wanted to go to the NFL are officially gone. Now begins the hectic final push in the recruiting season. Nick Saban did the electric slide, Lane Kiffin sang karaoke and that's just the nonsense going on at Alabama to impress recruits. Signing day is Feb. 5, so strap in tight because things could get really weird before it's all said and done.
- Alabama running back Alvin Kamara took to Twitter to confirm his intention to transfer, including some background information while he was at it.
- Patrick Miller started 14 games in two seasons at Auburn before an off-the-field issue led to him losing his job at right tackle to Greg Robinson. After watching Robinson develop into an NFL prospect and the Tigers reach the VIZIO BCS National Championship, Miller has plenty of motivation to not let the same mistakes undo him this time around.
- Chris Smith says it will feel good to wear the Arkansas Razorbacks helmet one last time at the Senior Bowl. Though his season didn't end the way he or his teammates had wanted, the talented defensive end has a chance to put on a good show in Mobile, Ala., and earn himself a better draft grade.
- Steve Spurrier may avoid a quarterback competition after all. South Carolina's coach made no bones about it when he said that Dylan Thompson is "without question going to be our quarterback."
- Gary Pinkel is turning the page at Missouri. "The cycle begins again," he said, and that starts with recruiting and development.
- Georgia escaped the NFL draft early-entry deadline without a single underclassman turning pro early. That's good news for the Bulldogs, especially when they look around their schedule next season and see how their opponents didn't have the same luck.
- James Franklin's departure from Vanderbilt won't be the football program's demise, writes David Climer. He sees new coach Derek Mason improving on Franklin's success and putting his own stamp on the program.
Recruit Comparison: Kouandjio to Big Cam
Final Washington State 45 Colorado State 48 Final 20 Fresno State 20 25 USC 45 Final Buffalo 24 San Diego State 49 Final Tulane 21 Louisiana-Lafayette 24
Final Pittsburgh 30 Bowling Green 27 Final Utah State 21 23 Northern Illinois 14
Final Marshall 31 Maryland 20 Final Syracuse 21 Minnesota 17 Final Brigham Young 16 Washington 31
Final Rutgers 16 Notre Dame 29 Final Cincinnati 17 North Carolina 39 Final Miami (FL) 9 18 Louisville 36 Final Michigan 14 Kansas State 31
Final Middle Tennessee 6 Navy 24 Final Ole Miss 25 Georgia Tech 17 Final 10 Oregon 30 Texas 7 Final 14 Arizona State 23 Texas Tech 37
Final Arizona 42 Boston College 19 Final Virginia Tech 12 17 UCLA 42 Final Rice 7 Mississippi State 44 Final 24 Duke 48 21 Texas A&M 52
Final Nebraska 24 22 Georgia 19 Final UNLV 14 North Texas 36 Final Iowa 14 16 LSU 21 Final 19 Wisconsin 24 9 South Carolina 34 Final 5 Stanford 20 4 Michigan State 24 Final 15 UCF 52 6 Baylor 42
Final 13 Oklahoma State 31 8 Missouri 41 Final 12 Clemson 40 7 Ohio State 35