SEC lunchtime links
December, 16, 2013
By Alex Scarborough | ESPN.com
Yes, it's Monday and we've survived the Heisman Trophy, Maxwell Award and everything in between. Maybe we can move on to the matter at hand: bowl season.
- Alabama quarterback AJ McCarron had a whirlwind weekend that culminated in the Heisman Trophy ceremonies in New York. Also, take a look at a social media scrapbook detailing the three-city tour.
- What's next for Auburn running back Tre Mason? After finishing sixth in Heisman voting, he's thinking of the national championship and not the NFL.
- Aaron Murray says, "It was almost like I didn't say goodbye." Georgia's quarterback won't be on the field for his team's bowl game, but he does expect to be back in Athens for the Bulldogs' Pro Day.
- With a shot at a second straight Heisman now over, we begin looking at the lasting impact of Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel. It's safe to say his legacy will last well beyond his playing days.
- Steve Spurrier says his South Carolina team has, "No difficulty getting up for bowl games." That's good because Monday's first practice marks the first of the bowl season and all attention must be turned to Wisconsin.
- There wasn't a thing on the football field that LSU's Odell Beckham Jr. couldn't do. In addition to being a stellar receiver, he was one of the best return specialists in the SEC. And in case you missed it, he was recognized as such on Friday when he won the Paul Hornung Award for versatility.
- Get prepared for the Liberty Bowl with these Mississippi State talking points. Can the Bulldogs carry over some defensive momentum?
Projecting Impact Teams in 2015 Recruiting
Final Washington State 45 Colorado State 48 Final 20 Fresno State 20 25 USC 45 Final Buffalo 24 San Diego State 49 Final Tulane 21 Louisiana-Lafayette 24
Final Pittsburgh 30 Bowling Green 27 Final Utah State 21 23 Northern Illinois 14
Final Marshall 31 Maryland 20 Final Syracuse 21 Minnesota 17 Final Brigham Young 16 Washington 31
Final Rutgers 16 Notre Dame 29 Final Cincinnati 17 North Carolina 39 Final Miami (FL) 9 18 Louisville 36 Final Michigan 14 Kansas State 31
Final Middle Tennessee 6 Navy 24 Final Ole Miss 25 Georgia Tech 17 Final 10 Oregon 30 Texas 7 Final 14 Arizona State 23 Texas Tech 37
Final Arizona 42 Boston College 19 Final Virginia Tech 12 17 UCLA 42 Final Rice 7 Mississippi State 44 Final 24 Duke 48 21 Texas A&M 52
Final Nebraska 24 22 Georgia 19 Final UNLV 14 North Texas 36 Final Iowa 14 16 LSU 21 Final 19 Wisconsin 24 9 South Carolina 34 Final 5 Stanford 20 4 Michigan State 24 Final 15 UCF 52 6 Baylor 42
Final 13 Oklahoma State 31 8 Missouri 41 Final 12 Clemson 40 7 Ohio State 35