SEC lunchtime links
November, 25, 2013
By Greg Ostendorf | ESPN.com
There’s just one more week left before the SEC championship game, and it’s highlighted by a certain game in the state of Alabama. But let’s also take a look back at Saturday’s action in today’s news and notes from around the league.
- After handling Chattanooga over the weekend, Alabama finally can turn its attention to Auburn and this year’s Iron Bowl.
- Saturday is the Iron Bowl. It’s No. 1 versus No. 4. It’s for first place in the SEC West with a trip to Atlanta on the line. But Auburn coach Gus Malzahn is taking the same approach he’s taken all season.
- With a win over Ole Miss on Saturday, Missouri proved it’s here to stay. The Tigers are just one win away from the SEC championship game.
- It’s been a season to remember for South Carolina’s Connor Shaw. On Saturday, he became the school’s all-time wins leader at quarterback.
- It was supposed to be a shootout between LSU and Texas A&M, but LSU’s defense pushed around the Aggies for the second straight season.
- Johnny Manziel had been tearing up opposing defenses all season, but LSU finally gave he and the Aggies a taste of the SEC on Saturday.
- Florida reached a new low Saturday with a loss to Georgia Southern. After the game, head coach Will Muschamp blamed the Gators’ offense and vowed to get it fixed.
- Aaron Murray's Georgia career ended Saturday with a knee injury. Looking back, where does he rank among the top quarterbacks in UGA history?
- Ole Miss suffered a tough loss to Missouri over the weekend, but the Rebels already have turned their attention to in-state rival Mississippi State and Thursday’s Egg Bowl.
- Tennessee can no longer reach a bowl game, but the Vols will try and make the most out of their season finale at Kentucky.
Recruit Comparison: Kouandjio to Big Cam
Final Washington State 45 Colorado State 48 Final 20 Fresno State 20 25 USC 45 Final Buffalo 24 San Diego State 49 Final Tulane 21 Louisiana-Lafayette 24
Final Pittsburgh 30 Bowling Green 27 Final Utah State 21 23 Northern Illinois 14
Final Marshall 31 Maryland 20 Final Syracuse 21 Minnesota 17 Final Brigham Young 16 Washington 31
Final Rutgers 16 Notre Dame 29 Final Cincinnati 17 North Carolina 39 Final Miami (FL) 9 18 Louisville 36 Final Michigan 14 Kansas State 31
Final Middle Tennessee 6 Navy 24 Final Ole Miss 25 Georgia Tech 17 Final 10 Oregon 30 Texas 7 Final 14 Arizona State 23 Texas Tech 37
Final Arizona 42 Boston College 19 Final Virginia Tech 12 17 UCLA 42 Final Rice 7 Mississippi State 44 Final 24 Duke 48 21 Texas A&M 52
Final Nebraska 24 22 Georgia 19 Final UNLV 14 North Texas 36 Final Iowa 14 16 LSU 21 Final 19 Wisconsin 24 9 South Carolina 34 Final 5 Stanford 20 4 Michigan State 24 Final 15 UCF 52 6 Baylor 42
Final 13 Oklahoma State 31 8 Missouri 41 Final 12 Clemson 40 7 Ohio State 35