SEC's lunch links
November, 14, 2013
By Alex Scarborough | ESPN.com
This week has been a football lover's dream with every day except Monday featuring a good game on television. Tonight it's Georgia Tech at No. 8 Clemson and Marshall at Tulsa.
- Alabama linebacker C.J. Mosley missed two big opportunities to intercept passes against LSU this past weekend. "You hear practice makes you perfect," he said, "but I catch everything in practice and don't catch them in the game."
- Auburn's Robenson Therezie struggled to crack the rotation at cornerback last season, due in part to his trouble in zone coverage. He's always been good at man-to-man so new defensive coordinator Ellis Johnson moved Therezie into a hybrid role where he's flourished.
- Kevin Sumlin has created a culture at Texas A&M where results speak loudest. That idea has translated into the receiving corps finding strength -- and playing time -- in numbers.
- Florida athletic director Jeremy Foley confirmed his support for head football coach Will Muschamp, saying he was "1,000 percent" behind him.
- Mississippi State fab freshman Chris Jones has progressed after moving to defensive tackle. He may have only one sack, but he leads his team in quarterback hurries.
- Kentucky needs a leader. Its quarterback, Jalen Whitlow, is trying to be just that.
- Georgia's defense has gotten sick and tired of hearing how well Auburn's offense will do against it on Saturday. Jordan Jenkins went home and was told how "Nick Marshall's going to shake you, how they're going to put up 40 on us." How Jenkins and the Georgia run defense plays will dictate just how many points are scored.
- Les Miles isn't letting last weekend's loss at Alabama get him too down. LSU's coach said his program is "terribly close to being in the game."
- Expect James Franklin to start at quarterback for Missouri on Saturday. But as coach Gary Pinkel said, "Maty [Mauk] will definitely play. There's no question about that."
Projecting Impact Teams in 2015 Recruiting
Final Washington State 45 Colorado State 48 Final 20 Fresno State 20 25 USC 45 Final Buffalo 24 San Diego State 49 Final Tulane 21 Louisiana-Lafayette 24
Final Pittsburgh 30 Bowling Green 27 Final Utah State 21 23 Northern Illinois 14
Final Marshall 31 Maryland 20 Final Syracuse 21 Minnesota 17 Final Brigham Young 16 Washington 31
Final Rutgers 16 Notre Dame 29 Final Cincinnati 17 North Carolina 39 Final Miami (FL) 9 18 Louisville 36 Final Michigan 14 Kansas State 31
Final Middle Tennessee 6 Navy 24 Final Ole Miss 25 Georgia Tech 17 Final 10 Oregon 30 Texas 7 Final 14 Arizona State 23 Texas Tech 37
Final Arizona 42 Boston College 19 Final Virginia Tech 12 17 UCLA 42 Final Rice 7 Mississippi State 44 Final 24 Duke 48 21 Texas A&M 52
Final Nebraska 24 22 Georgia 19 Final UNLV 14 North Texas 36 Final Iowa 14 16 LSU 21 Final 19 Wisconsin 24 9 South Carolina 34 Final 5 Stanford 20 4 Michigan State 24 Final 15 UCF 52 6 Baylor 42
Final 13 Oklahoma State 31 8 Missouri 41 Final 12 Clemson 40 7 Ohio State 35