SEC lunchtime links
October, 29, 2013
By Greg Ostendorf | ESPN.com
As Arkansas and Auburn continue to dispute over game tape, let’s take a look at the latest storylines and injury news in today’s headlines from around the SEC.
- A number of Alabama players, including quarterback AJ McCarron, took offense to being called the ‘red team’ by Tennessee before last Saturday’s game. However, Vols’ coach Butch Jones said the comments were made ‘out of respect’ for the Crimson Tide.
- A lot of blame was placed on Missouri kicker Andrew Baggett for Saturday's loss, but he took the high road after missing a costly kick in double overtime.
- Arkansas coach Bret Bielema called out Auburn this week, reporting a discrepancy between the Tigers’ game tapes and the TV tape of Saturday’s game against Florida Atlantic.
- Arkansas and Auburn coaches are downplaying Gus Malzahn’s return to Arkansas, the state where he spent a better part of three decades.
- LSU is off this week, giving the coaches a chance to make their recruiting rounds through the state of Florida.
- Connor Shaw was the hero for South Carolina on Saturday, but wide receiver Bruce Ellington played a key role in the Gamecocks' dramatic win over Missouri.
- Georgia has been decimated by injuries this season, but star tailback Todd Gurley returned to practice on Monday.
- Tennessee's Justin Worley is questionable for Saturday’s Missouri game with a thumb injury, leaving freshman Josh Dobbs as the favorite to start at quarterback.
- Ole Miss is just one win away from bowl eligibility, but the team goals go beyond getting that sixth win. The Rebels want to play in a more prominent bowl game.
- Meanwhile, Mississippi State has a tough slate ahead of it in the month of November.
Drive Through: One-On-One With Collins
Final Nevada 3 Louisiana-Lafayette 16 Final Utah State 21 UTEP 6 Final 22 Utah 45 Colorado State 10 Final Western Michigan 24 Air Force 38 Final South Alabama 28 Bowling Green 33
Final Marshall 52 Northern Illinois 23 Final Navy 17 San Diego State 16
Final Central Michigan 48 Western Kentucky 49 Final Fresno State 6 Rice 30
1:00 PM ET Illinois Louisiana Tech 4:30 PM ET Rutgers North Carolina 8:00 PM ET North Carolina State UCF
1:00 PM ET Cincinnati Virginia Tech 2:00 PM ET 15 Arizona State Duke 3:30 PM ET Miami (FL) South Carolina 4:30 PM ET Boston College Penn State 8:00 PM ET Nebraska 24 USC
2:00 PM ET Texas A&M West Virginia 5:30 PM ET Oklahoma 17 Clemson 9:00 PM ET Arkansas Texas
3:00 PM ET Notre Dame 23 LSU 6:30 PM ET 13 Georgia 21 Louisville 10:00 PM ET Maryland Stanford
12:30 PM ET 9 Ole Miss 6 TCU 4:00 PM ET 20 Boise State 10 Arizona 8:00 PM ET 7 Mississippi State 12 Georgia Tech
12:00 PM ET 19 Auburn 18 Wisconsin 12:30 PM ET 8 Michigan State 5 Baylor 1:00 PM ET 16 Missouri 25 Minnesota 5:00 PM ET 2 Oregon 3 Florida State 8:30 PM ET 1 Alabama 4 Ohio State
12:00 PM ET Houston Pittsburgh 3:20 PM ET Iowa Tennessee 6:45 PM ET 11 Kansas State 14 UCLA 10:15 PM ET Washington Oklahoma State