SEC lunchtime links
- A number of Alabama players, including quarterback AJ McCarron, took offense to being called the ‘red team’ by Tennessee before last Saturday’s game. However, Vols’ coach Butch Jones said the comments were made ‘out of respect’ for the Crimson Tide.
- A lot of blame was placed on Missouri kicker Andrew Baggett for Saturday's loss, but he took the high road after missing a costly kick in double overtime.
- Arkansas coach Bret Bielema called out Auburn this week, reporting a discrepancy between the Tigers’ game tapes and the TV tape of Saturday’s game against Florida Atlantic.
- Arkansas and Auburn coaches are downplaying Gus Malzahn’s return to Arkansas, the state where he spent a better part of three decades.
- LSU is off this week, giving the coaches a chance to make their recruiting rounds through the state of Florida.
- Connor Shaw was the hero for South Carolina on Saturday, but wide receiver Bruce Ellington played a key role in the Gamecocks' dramatic win over Missouri.
- Georgia has been decimated by injuries this season, but star tailback Todd Gurley returned to practice on Monday.
- Tennessee's Justin Worley is questionable for Saturday’s Missouri game with a thumb injury, leaving freshman Josh Dobbs as the favorite to start at quarterback.
- Ole Miss is just one win away from bowl eligibility, but the team goals go beyond getting that sixth win. The Rebels want to play in a more prominent bowl game.
- Meanwhile, Mississippi State has a tough slate ahead of it in the month of November.
Alabama Crimson Tide, Georgia Bulldogs, LSU Tigers, Auburn Tigers, Arkansas Razorbacks, Tennessee Volunteers, South Carolina Gamecocks, Mississippi State Bulldogs, Ole Miss Rebels, Missouri Tigers, AJ McCarron, Connor Shaw, Todd Gurley, Bruce Ellington, Josh Dobbs, Bret Bielema, Gus Malzahn, Butch Jones, Justin Worley, Andrew Baggett
Can Any 2015 Class Catch Alabama?
TIDENATION RECRUITING NEWS
ALABAMA FB RECRUITING SCORECARD
- Andrew Gribble retweeted
- Chase Goodbread retweeted
- SEC Sports retweeted
2014 SEC STANDINGS
6:00 PM ET 21 Texas A&M 9 South Carolina 8:00 PM ET Boise State 18 Ole Miss 9:15 PM ET Temple Vanderbilt
12:00 PM ET Tennessee-Martin Kentucky 3:30 PM ET West Virginia 2 Alabama 3:30 PM ET South Dakota State 24 Missouri 4:00 PM ET Arkansas 6 Auburn 5:30 PM ET 16 Clemson 12 Georgia 7:00 PM ET Idaho Florida 7:30 PM ET Southern Miss Mississippi State 9:00 PM ET 14 Wisconsin 13 LSU