SEC lunchtime links
- A number of Alabama players, including quarterback AJ McCarron, took offense to being called the ‘red team’ by Tennessee before last Saturday’s game. However, Vols’ coach Butch Jones said the comments were made ‘out of respect’ for the Crimson Tide.
- A lot of blame was placed on Missouri kicker Andrew Baggett for Saturday's loss, but he took the high road after missing a costly kick in double overtime.
- Arkansas coach Bret Bielema called out Auburn this week, reporting a discrepancy between the Tigers’ game tapes and the TV tape of Saturday’s game against Florida Atlantic.
- Arkansas and Auburn coaches are downplaying Gus Malzahn’s return to Arkansas, the state where he spent a better part of three decades.
- LSU is off this week, giving the coaches a chance to make their recruiting rounds through the state of Florida.
- Connor Shaw was the hero for South Carolina on Saturday, but wide receiver Bruce Ellington played a key role in the Gamecocks' dramatic win over Missouri.
- Georgia has been decimated by injuries this season, but star tailback Todd Gurley returned to practice on Monday.
- Tennessee's Justin Worley is questionable for Saturday’s Missouri game with a thumb injury, leaving freshman Josh Dobbs as the favorite to start at quarterback.
- Ole Miss is just one win away from bowl eligibility, but the team goals go beyond getting that sixth win. The Rebels want to play in a more prominent bowl game.
- Meanwhile, Mississippi State has a tough slate ahead of it in the month of November.
Alabama Crimson Tide, Georgia Bulldogs, LSU Tigers, Auburn Tigers, Arkansas Razorbacks, Tennessee Volunteers, South Carolina Gamecocks, Mississippi State Bulldogs, Ole Miss Rebels, Missouri Tigers, AJ McCarron, Connor Shaw, Todd Gurley, Bruce Ellington, Josh Dobbs, Bret Bielema, Gus Malzahn, Butch Jones, Justin Worley, Andrew Baggett
TIDENATION RECRUITING NEWS
ALABAMA FB RECRUITING SCORECARD
- Christopher Walsh retweeted
- Chase Goodbread retweeted
- Alex Scarborough retweeted
- Tommy Deas retweeted
- Tommy Deas retweeted
2014 SEC STANDINGS
Final Troy 0 13 Georgia 66 Final 6 Texas A&M 58 SMU 6 Final Florida 21 3 Alabama 42 Final Indiana 31 18 Missouri 27 Final Northern Illinois 14 Arkansas 52 Final Mississippi State 34 8 LSU 29 Final 14 South Carolina 48 Vanderbilt 34