SEC lunchtime links
- With zero SEC wins and a 3-3 record, Mississippi State calls tonight's game against Kentucky a "must win" game.
- It hasn't been an easy season in new head coach Mark Stoops' first year, as the Wildcats are 1-5, but even with the struggles, Kentucky is playing with a winning attitude.
- One byproduct of a blowout win such as the one Alabama had last week over Arkansas is empty seats in the second half at Bryant-Denny Stadium. Head coach Nick Saban's message to fans: Stay the whole game or give the tickets to someone who will.
- Missouri's offensive line has been stellar this season. The secret? Staying healthy … and ice cream, oreos and other assorted junk food from running back Henry Josey.
- The zone read has been an effective weapon for the Auburn offense and quarterback Nick Marshall has been critical to that success.
- LSU fullback J.C. Copeland will likely miss Saturday's game against Furman because of a concussion.
- Texas A&M only committed five penalties last Saturday against Auburn, but some of them came at critical times. They're still trying to limit their infractions.
- What will Dylan Thompson's start at quarterback in place of the injured Connor Shaw mean for Shaw, the incumbent starter, on Saturday?
- Tennessee's improvement on the defensive line must continue.
- Ole Miss safety Cody Prewitt, who had a key interception against LSU last week, is becoming a leader on the Rebels' defense.
- Vanderbilt coach James Franklin said no decision has been made about his starting quarterback for Saturday's game against Texas A&M and hasn't ruled out Austyn Carta-Samuels, but he praised Patton Robinette's play in relief last week.
Alabama Crimson Tide, LSU Tigers, Auburn Tigers, Mississippi Rebels, South Carolina Gamecocks, Vanderbilt Commodores, Mississippi State Bulldogs, Ole Miss Rebels, Kentucky Wildcats, Missouri Tigers, Texas A&M Aggies, Nick Saban, Connor Shaw, Henry Josey, James Franklin, mark stoops, Dylan Thompson, J.C. Copeland, Austyn Carta-Samuels, Nick Marshall, Patton Robinette, Cody Prewitt