SEC lunchtime links
- With Vinnie Sunseri out for the season with a knee injury, Alabama turns to Landon Collins to take his place at strong safety.
- Now that his first career start is in the rearview mirror, Mizzou freshman quarterback Maty Mauk prepares for round two against South Carolina.
- A heel injury didn't stop Auburn running back Tre Mason from shining against Texas A&M on Saturday, and he's beginning to show his toughness and durability.
- LSU coach Les Miles took the blame in the immediate aftermath of the Tigers' 27-24 loss to Ole Miss, and after reviewing the film he maintained that he needs to do better and "get their attention."
- There's no point in Texas A&M playing the "what if" game when looking back on its loss to Auburn. Instead, the Aggies must move on.
- South Carolina's offense struggled in its loss to Tennessee, and head coach Steve Spurrier said maybe the Gamecocks "thought we were too good."
- After a 52-0 loss to Alabama and an off week coming up, Arkansas coach Bret Bielema and the Razorbacks are searching for answers -- and their first SEC win.
- On the heels of having two players impacted by the new rule, Georgia coach Mark Richt offered some thoughts on targeting and how officials are handling it.
- As Tennessee has progressed, so has quarterback Justin Worley -- and it shows.
- Even though Jalen Whitlow's ankle injury isn't as serious as it might have originally appeared, Maxwell Smith gets the nod as Kentucky's starting quarterback when the Wildcats meet Mississippi State.
- Speaking of starting quarterbacks, Vanderbilt coach James Franklin isn't ready to name one yet for Saturday's game against Texas A&M, with Austin Carta-Samuels dealing with an injury. The Commodores' depth chart lists Carta-Samuels "or" Patton Robinette.
- Ole Miss had to face four ranked teams in its first seven games, but now the hardest part of the Rebels' schedule is behind them.
- Mississippi State's linebackers are working to be the SEC's best.
- Here's a look at why Florida's offense has struggled so much this season.
Alabama Crimson Tide, Florida Gators, Georgia Bulldogs, LSU Tigers, Auburn Tigers, Arkansas Razorbacks, Tennessee Volunteers, Mississippi Rebels, South Carolina Gamecocks, Vanderbilt Commodores, Mississippi State Bulldogs, Ole Miss Rebels, Kentucky Wildcats, Missouri Tigers, Texas A&M Aggies, Mark Richt, Landon Collins, Les Miles, James Franklin, Steve Spurrier, Maxwell Smith, Tre Mason, Bret Bielema, Justin Worley, Maty Mauk, Austin Carta-Samuels, Patton Robinette
Saban: Peyton's Visit: 'Mutually Beneficial'
TIDENATION RECRUITING NEWS
ALABAMA FB RECRUITING SCORECARD
- Rawlings Alabama Crimson Tide Hail Mary Youth-Size Football
2013 SEC STANDINGS
TBD Temple Vanderbilt TBD Texas A&M South Carolina 8:00 PM ET Boise State Ole Miss
TBD Arkansas Auburn TBD Idaho Florida TBD Clemson Georgia TBD Tennessee-Martin Kentucky TBD South Dakota State Missouri TBD Southern Miss Mississippi State 3:30 PM ET West Virginia Alabama 9:00 PM ET LSU Wisconsin