SEC lunchtime links
October, 18, 2013
By Alex Scarborough | ESPN.com
It's Friday which means it's time for the #SECMailbag. Use the hashtag on Twitter or tweet directly at me at @AlexS_ESPN with your questions and comments. Hurry, and I'll do my best to get them in a post later this afternoon.
- It took longer than some expected, but Kenyan Drake has taken hold of the No. 2 running back role for Alabama.
- What it is we're not exactly sure, but Gus Malzahn says quarterback Jeremy Johnson's role in Auburn's offense will make a lot more sense soon.
- Darius Philon, who was once expected to sign with Alabama, is now an emerging prospect at Arkansas. On the eve of his first game against the Tide, he says he's left the issue of the Tide behind.
- South Carolina and Tennessee have swapped positions in the SEC East landscape.
- Tennessee athletic director Dave Hart hasn't seen the wins in Year 1 under Butch Jones, but he feels good about the progress the football program has made under his leadership.
- The midterm grades are in for the Florida Gators, and its no surprise the defense is leading the offense by a wide margin.
- Ole Miss' offensive line knows the type of test it faces on Saturday against LSU's group of talented defensive linemen.
- You may have seen him limp and you've surely seen his brace, but LSU quarterback Zach Mettenberger says there's nothing wrong with his knee.
- Vanderbilt wide receiver Jordan Matthews could break the SEC receiving record this weekend. He's that close.
Saban's Future At Alabama