SEC lunchtime links
October, 10, 2013
By David Ching | ESPN.com
Here are some of today's headlines from around the SEC.
- Florida's defensive backs versus LSU's receivers might be the key matchup to watch on Saturday.
- Nick Saban reflects on his first championship team, the 2003 LSU squad which will be honored in Baton Rouge this weekend during the Florida game.
- Tailback Todd Gurley was unable to practice at Georgia on Wednesday.
- Texas A&M led the nation in third-down efficiency last season and it's doing even better this year.
- Receiver Jarvis Landry was limited in Wednesday's practice, but LSU coach Les Miles still hopes he will play Saturday against Florida.
- NOLA.com picks five Florida players to watch in the Florida-LSU game.
- Gus Malzahn said “there's a chance” that injured quarterback Nick Marshall will not play in Auburn's game against Western Carolina on Saturday.
- Michael Sam is setting the tone for Missouri's defensive line.
- South Carolina's Pharoh Cooper has been happy to switch from defensive back to receiver.
- Kentucky is bracing for a severe challenge from AJ McCarron and Alabama's passing game.
- SEC Week 7 preview and predictions from Athlon.
- Ole Miss safety Trae Elston reflects on the “what-if” moment when he could have hit Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel to prevent a touchdown in last season's narrow loss to the Aggies.
- This week's assignment for Mississippi State's defense: Bowling Green's physical running game.
TIDENATION RECRUITING NEWS
ALABAMA FB RECRUITING SCORECARD
- Antigua Men's Alabama Crimson Tide Crimson Sugar Bowl Bound Pique Xtra-Lite Polo
2013 SEC STANDINGS
TBD Temple Vanderbilt TBD Texas A&M South Carolina 8:00 PM ET Boise State Ole Miss
TBD Arkansas Auburn TBD Idaho Florida TBD Clemson Georgia TBD Tennessee-Martin Kentucky TBD South Dakota State Missouri TBD Southern Miss Mississippi State 3:30 PM ET West Virginia Alabama 9:00 PM ET LSU Wisconsin