We're closing in on Week 6 in the SEC. Find out the latest rumblings in Thursday's sampling of news and notes from across the league.
- Alabama freshmen Reuben Foster, Derrick Henry and Altee Tenpenny are all having to change their jersey numbers because the UA coaches want to be able to use the trio on special teams.
- Georgia starting safety Tray Matthews joined Todd Gurley on the injury report after the freshman “tweaked” his hamstring in practice Wednesday.
- Texas A&M plans to use the open week to recover, both physically and mentally.
- The targeting rule has had a profound effect on the SEC this year, leading to penalties, ejections and even suspensions, but LSU coach Les Miles is a proponent for the rule. He said it has not affected his players.
- South Carolina wide receiver/punt return specialist David Wilkins walked on to the Gamecocks’ football team, but after just four games, he earned a scholarship from the coaching staff.
- When Dominique Easley went down for the season, Florida moved defensive end Jonathan Bullard inside to defensive tackle. He thrived in his first game against Kentucky last weekend.
- The friendship between Auburn coach Gus Malzahn and Ole Miss coach Hugh Freeze will have to be put on hold this week as the two square off Saturday.
- Freshman quarterback Jeremy Johnson, an ESPN 300 recruit, competed for the starting job at Auburn in the fall. Now, it looks like he might redshirt his first year.
- Despite Dak Prescott’s recent success as the Mississippi State quarterback, coach Dan Mullen plans to go with Tyler Russell as the starter against LSU on Saturday.
- Kentucky coach Mark Stoops was visibly upset with his team after practice Wednesday. The last time the Wildcats played at South Carolina, they got rolled, 54-3.
Recruit Comparison: Kouandjio to Big Cam
Final Washington State 45 Colorado State 48 Final 20 Fresno State 20 25 USC 45 Final Buffalo 24 San Diego State 49 Final Tulane 21 Louisiana-Lafayette 24
Final Pittsburgh 30 Bowling Green 27 Final Utah State 21 23 Northern Illinois 14
Final Marshall 31 Maryland 20 Final Syracuse 21 Minnesota 17 Final Brigham Young 16 Washington 31
Final Rutgers 16 Notre Dame 29 Final Cincinnati 17 North Carolina 39 Final Miami (FL) 9 18 Louisville 36 Final Michigan 14 Kansas State 31
Final Middle Tennessee 6 Navy 24 Final Ole Miss 25 Georgia Tech 17 Final 10 Oregon 30 Texas 7 Final 14 Arizona State 23 Texas Tech 37
Final Arizona 42 Boston College 19 Final Virginia Tech 12 17 UCLA 42 Final Rice 7 Mississippi State 44 Final 24 Duke 48 21 Texas A&M 52
Final Nebraska 24 22 Georgia 19 Final UNLV 14 North Texas 36 Final Iowa 14 16 LSU 21 Final 19 Wisconsin 24 9 South Carolina 34 Final 5 Stanford 20 4 Michigan State 24 Final 15 UCF 52 6 Baylor 42
Final 13 Oklahoma State 31 8 Missouri 41 Final 12 Clemson 40 7 Ohio State 35