SEC lunchtime links
- Nick Saban was in his rare form during his press conference on Tuesday evening. Even though Alabama blew out Virginia Tech in the season opener, he hopes the game served as a wake-up call for certain players.
- South Carolina quarterback Connor Shaw is 18-3 as a starter, but he's still seeking a signature win on the road. He'll get his chance this weekend when the Gamecocks play at Georgia.
- Texas A&M head coach Kevin Sumlin talks about managing Johnny Manziel's "passion" after some of the antics he showed Saturday against Rice.
- LSU has high hopes for quarterback Zach Mettenberger under the direction of new offensive coordinator Cam Cameron. The senior showed steady poise in the opening win over TCU.
- Despite the early loss to Clemson, Georgia is still feeling bullish about its season. The Bulldogs host South Carolina on Saturday.
- How much will Florida running back Matt Jones play in his season debut after missing all of fall camp? It depends on the heat and how well he's holding up, but the Gators have other viable options at the position.
- Auburn head coach Gus Malzahn will face his former team this Saturday. Since he left, Arkansas State has added a few new wrinkles to his offense.
- With Tyler Russell doubtful for Saturday's game, Mississippi State will turn to backup quarterback Dak Prescott to start against Alcorn State. Both Prescott and head coach Dan Mullen are confident that he's ready to go.
- A former Texas wide receiver is making the most of his opportunity at Missouri.
- Mark Stoops will have to repair his defense after a loss to Western Kentucky in the opener, but that's nothing new for the Kentucky head coach.
Alabama Crimson Tide, Florida Gators, Georgia Bulldogs, Auburn Tigers, South Carolina Gamecocks, Mississippi State Bulldogs, Kentucky Wildcats, Missouri Tigers, Texas A&M Aggies, LSU, Nick Saban, Zach Mettenberger, Connor Shaw, Tyler Russell, Matt Jones, Kevin Sumlin, Dan Mullen, mark stoops, Johnny Manziel, Gus Malzahn, Cam Cameron, Dak Prescott
Saban: Peyton's Visit: 'Mutually Beneficial'
TIDENATION RECRUITING NEWS
ALABAMA FB RECRUITING SCORECARD
- Rawlings Alabama Crimson Tide Junior-Size Tailgater Football
2013 SEC STANDINGS
TBD Temple Vanderbilt TBD Texas A&M South Carolina 8:00 PM ET Boise State Ole Miss
TBD Arkansas Auburn TBD Idaho Florida TBD Clemson Georgia TBD Tennessee-Martin Kentucky TBD South Dakota State Missouri TBD Southern Miss Mississippi State 3:30 PM ET West Virginia Alabama 9:00 PM ET LSU Wisconsin