Most of the SEC coaches spoke to the media on Tuesday. Read all about what's going on around the league this week.
- Nick Saban was in his rare form during his press conference on Tuesday evening. Even though Alabama blew out Virginia Tech in the season opener, he hopes the game served as a wake-up call for certain players.
- South Carolina quarterback Connor Shaw is 18-3 as a starter, but he's still seeking a signature win on the road. He'll get his chance this weekend when the Gamecocks play at Georgia.
- Texas A&M head coach Kevin Sumlin talks about managing Johnny Manziel's "passion" after some of the antics he showed Saturday against Rice.
- LSU has high hopes for quarterback Zach Mettenberger under the direction of new offensive coordinator Cam Cameron. The senior showed steady poise in the opening win over TCU.
- Despite the early loss to Clemson, Georgia is still feeling bullish about its season. The Bulldogs host South Carolina on Saturday.
- How much will Florida running back Matt Jones play in his season debut after missing all of fall camp? It depends on the heat and how well he's holding up, but the Gators have other viable options at the position.
- Auburn head coach Gus Malzahn will face his former team this Saturday. Since he left, Arkansas State has added a few new wrinkles to his offense.
- With Tyler Russell doubtful for Saturday's game, Mississippi State will turn to backup quarterback Dak Prescott to start against Alcorn State. Both Prescott and head coach Dan Mullen are confident that he's ready to go.
- A former Texas wide receiver is making the most of his opportunity at Missouri.
- Mark Stoops will have to repair his defense after a loss to Western Kentucky in the opener, but that's nothing new for the Kentucky head coach.
Recruit Comparison: Kouandjio to Big Cam
Final Washington State 45 Colorado State 48 Final 20 Fresno State 20 25 USC 45 Final Buffalo 24 San Diego State 49 Final Tulane 21 Louisiana-Lafayette 24
Final Pittsburgh 30 Bowling Green 27 Final Utah State 21 23 Northern Illinois 14
Final Marshall 31 Maryland 20 Final Syracuse 21 Minnesota 17 Final Brigham Young 16 Washington 31
Final Rutgers 16 Notre Dame 29 Final Cincinnati 17 North Carolina 39 Final Miami (FL) 9 18 Louisville 36 Final Michigan 14 Kansas State 31
Final Middle Tennessee 6 Navy 24 Final Ole Miss 25 Georgia Tech 17 Final 10 Oregon 30 Texas 7 Final 14 Arizona State 23 Texas Tech 37
Final Arizona 42 Boston College 19 Final Virginia Tech 12 17 UCLA 42 Final Rice 7 Mississippi State 44 Final 24 Duke 48 21 Texas A&M 52
Final Nebraska 24 22 Georgia 19 Final UNLV 14 North Texas 36 Final Iowa 14 16 LSU 21 Final 19 Wisconsin 24 9 South Carolina 34 Final 5 Stanford 20 4 Michigan State 24 Final 15 UCF 52 6 Baylor 42
Final 13 Oklahoma State 31 8 Missouri 41 Final 12 Clemson 40 7 Ohio State 35