The wait is over; college football season is here. The first games of the 2013 campaign kick off tonight with No. 6 South Carolina starting things off by hosting North Carolina at 6 p.m. ET. Here are some links from around the SEC to get you ready:
- Can South Carolina slow down North Carolina's up-tempo attack? The answer will be key in tonight's result.
- Speaking of up-tempo offenses, here's an in-depth look at the no-huddle craze and how opposing defenses are countering them, including "practicing faking injuries" according to Kirk Herbstreit.
- Breaking down Ole Miss-Vanderbilt from the Rebels' perspective. Five things to watch.
- Vanderbilt coach James Franklin wants officials to be aware of Ole Miss' offensive tempo and ensure the Rebels are set when they snap the ball tonight.
- Did Texas A&M score a win over the NCAA during the Johnny Manziel autograph saga? The Aggies have to be happy with the result.
- Auburn is looking for a go-to wide receiver to emerge, even if "everybody knows where the ball is going," said Gus Malzahn.
- If you stumble across Arkansas coach Bret Bielema's music playlist, you're likely to find some reggae. Who knew?
- Here's a look at the new helmets Mississippi State will wear when they meet Oklahoma State in Houston on Saturday.
- Regardless of this weekend's result, Kentucky made the right hire in Mark Stoops.
- A look at the 11 players who will make their first start for Georgia when the Bulldogs face Clemson.
- LSU defensive tackle Anthony Johnson said the Tigers' D will be the "same as always ... fast, physical and dominant."
Recruit Comparison: Kouandjio to Big Cam
Final Washington State 45 Colorado State 48 Final 20 Fresno State 20 25 USC 45 Final Buffalo 24 San Diego State 49 Final Tulane 21 Louisiana-Lafayette 24
Final Pittsburgh 30 Bowling Green 27 Final Utah State 21 23 Northern Illinois 14
Final Marshall 31 Maryland 20 Final Syracuse 21 Minnesota 17 Final Brigham Young 16 Washington 31
Final Rutgers 16 Notre Dame 29 Final Cincinnati 17 North Carolina 39 Final Miami (FL) 9 18 Louisville 36 Final Michigan 14 Kansas State 31
Final Middle Tennessee 6 Navy 24 Final Ole Miss 25 Georgia Tech 17 Final 10 Oregon 30 Texas 7 Final 14 Arizona State 23 Texas Tech 37
Final Arizona 42 Boston College 19 Final Virginia Tech 12 17 UCLA 42 Final Rice 7 Mississippi State 44 Final 24 Duke 48 21 Texas A&M 52
Final Nebraska 24 22 Georgia 19 Final UNLV 14 North Texas 36 Final Iowa 14 16 LSU 21 Final 19 Wisconsin 24 9 South Carolina 34 Final 5 Stanford 20 4 Michigan State 24 Final 15 UCF 52 6 Baylor 42
Final 13 Oklahoma State 31 8 Missouri 41 Final 12 Clemson 40 7 Ohio State 35