Big Ten lunch links
February, 6, 2013
By Adam Rittenberg | ESPN.com
These links were faxed over earlier today.
- Doug Lesmerises looks at how Ohio State's star-studded recruiting class came together. The Buckeyes have raised the bar for their defensive recruits.
- All you need to know about Nebraska's 2013 class. Signing day is also decision day for several Nebraska recruiting targets, Sam McKewon writes.
- The future conference schedule will dominate the upcoming Big Ten coach/AD meetings, Teddy Greenstein writes.
- Bill O'Brien and his staff did a tremendous job of keeping Penn State's class together, Joe Juliano writes. Penn State's turbulent summer didn't turn off two New Jersey recruits. Here are a few recruits Penn State just missed landing.
- Michigan's elite recruiting class took shape early. Wolverines RB Fitz Toussaint will miss the spring but should be 100 percent for the season.
- Rutgers' upcoming Big Ten membership is paying off on the recruiting trail.
- Gary Andersen has recorded his first win at Wisconsin -- in recruiting. Wisconsin's new staff wanted its own quarterback to fit the system and found one in Tanner McEvoy.
- A good breakdown of Iowa's 2013 recruiting class from Marc Morehouse. After struggling in the passing game, the Hawkeyes pile up wide receiver recruits.
- Northwestern coach Pat Fitzgerald keeps to his word and expects recruits to do the same, David Haugh writes. More on Northwestern's new partnership with the Chicago Cubs and Wrigley Field.
- A look back at Illinois' top recruits in recent years. As expected, Illinois loses a linebacker commit to Big Ten rival Iowa and another potential defensive back target to Toledo.
- Michigan State recruit Delton Williams wants to help the Spartans on both sides of the ball. A video breakdown of Michigan State's class.
- Several four-star recruits highlight Indiana's recruiting class (subscription required).
- The offensive backfield highlights Darrell Hazell's first recruiting class at Purdue. The Boilers' class includes the son of a former Ohio State star (Keith Byars). As promised, Purdue is paying more for assistant coaches.
- A lack of in-state talent has impacted Minnesota's recruiting efforts. Analysts see progress with Minnesota's recruiting despite low marks for the Gophers' class.
- Vote for how many league games the Big Ten should have.
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
12:00 PM ET Iowa Pittsburgh 12:00 PM ET Eastern Michigan 11 Michigan State 12:00 PM ET Western Illinois Northwestern 12:00 PM ET Southern Illinois Purdue 12:00 PM ET Bowling Green 19 Wisconsin 12:30 PM ET Maryland Syracuse 3:30 PM ET Utah Michigan 3:30 PM ET Rutgers Navy 4:00 PM ET Massachusetts Penn State 4:00 PM ET San Jose State Minnesota 4:00 PM ET Texas State Illinois 4:00 PM ET Indiana 18 Missouri 8:00 PM ET Miami (FL) 24 Nebraska