Big Ten lunch links
February, 6, 2013
By Adam Rittenberg | ESPN.com
These links were faxed over earlier today.
- Doug Lesmerises looks at how Ohio State's star-studded recruiting class came together. The Buckeyes have raised the bar for their defensive recruits.
- All you need to know about Nebraska's 2013 class. Signing day is also decision day for several Nebraska recruiting targets, Sam McKewon writes.
- The future conference schedule will dominate the upcoming Big Ten coach/AD meetings, Teddy Greenstein writes.
- Bill O'Brien and his staff did a tremendous job of keeping Penn State's class together, Joe Juliano writes. Penn State's turbulent summer didn't turn off two New Jersey recruits. Here are a few recruits Penn State just missed landing.
- Michigan's elite recruiting class took shape early. Wolverines RB Fitz Toussaint will miss the spring but should be 100 percent for the season.
- Rutgers' upcoming Big Ten membership is paying off on the recruiting trail.
- Gary Andersen has recorded his first win at Wisconsin -- in recruiting. Wisconsin's new staff wanted its own quarterback to fit the system and found one in Tanner McEvoy.
- A good breakdown of Iowa's 2013 recruiting class from Marc Morehouse. After struggling in the passing game, the Hawkeyes pile up wide receiver recruits.
- Northwestern coach Pat Fitzgerald keeps to his word and expects recruits to do the same, David Haugh writes. More on Northwestern's new partnership with the Chicago Cubs and Wrigley Field.
- A look back at Illinois' top recruits in recent years. As expected, Illinois loses a linebacker commit to Big Ten rival Iowa and another potential defensive back target to Toledo.
- Michigan State recruit Delton Williams wants to help the Spartans on both sides of the ball. A video breakdown of Michigan State's class.
- Several four-star recruits highlight Indiana's recruiting class (subscription required).
- The offensive backfield highlights Darrell Hazell's first recruiting class at Purdue. The Boilers' class includes the son of a former Ohio State star (Keith Byars). As promised, Purdue is paying more for assistant coaches.
- A lack of in-state talent has impacted Minnesota's recruiting efforts. Analysts see progress with Minnesota's recruiting despite low marks for the Gophers' class.
- Vote for how many league games the Big Ten should have.
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
11:00 AM ET Nevada Louisiana-Lafayette 2:20 PM ET Utah State UTEP 3:30 PM ET 22 Utah Colorado State 5:45 PM ET Western Michigan Air Force 9:15 PM ET South Alabama Bowling Green
6:00 PM ET Marshall Northern Illinois 9:30 PM ET Navy San Diego State
12:00 PM ET Central Michigan Western Kentucky 8:00 PM ET Fresno State Rice
1:00 PM ET Illinois Louisiana Tech 4:30 PM ET Rutgers North Carolina 8:00 PM ET North Carolina State UCF
1:00 PM ET Cincinnati Virginia Tech 2:00 PM ET 15 Arizona State Duke 3:30 PM ET Miami (FL) South Carolina 4:30 PM ET Boston College Penn State 8:00 PM ET Nebraska 24 USC
2:00 PM ET Texas A&M West Virginia 5:30 PM ET Oklahoma 17 Clemson 9:00 PM ET Arkansas Texas
3:00 PM ET Notre Dame 23 LSU 6:30 PM ET 13 Georgia 21 Louisville 10:00 PM ET Maryland Stanford
12:30 PM ET 9 Ole Miss 6 TCU 4:00 PM ET 20 Boise State 10 Arizona 8:00 PM ET 7 Mississippi State 12 Georgia Tech
12:00 PM ET 19 Auburn 18 Wisconsin 12:30 PM ET 8 Michigan State 5 Baylor 1:00 PM ET 16 Missouri 25 Minnesota 5:00 PM ET 2 Oregon 3 Florida State 8:30 PM ET 1 Alabama 4 Ohio State
12:00 PM ET Houston Pittsburgh 3:20 PM ET Iowa Tennessee 6:45 PM ET 11 Kansas State 14 UCLA 10:15 PM ET Washington Oklahoma State