Big Ten lunchtime links
February, 5, 2013
By Brian Bennett | ESPN.com
We're less than 24 hours away from the only day of the year where a fax machine still seems relevant to society.
- Dontre Wilson, who originally committed to Oregon, switched his allegiance to Ohio State. Wilson is a big addition for the Buckeyes. Ohio State belongs in the same division as Michigan, Doug Lesmerises writes.
- Michigan receiver recruit Da'Mario Jones wants to show people that he's a force to be reckoned with. The Wolverines don't expect much drama on signing day.
- Junior college quarterback Tanner McEvoy thinks he can help Wisconsin "win a lot of games." McEvoy's juco coach compared him to Collin Klein.
- A cornerback named Dad Poquie is Penn State's latest run-on. This is a recruiting class unlike any other for the Nittany Lions.
- Damion Terry gave Michigan State something to build its recruiting class around.
- Indiana fans have reason to be excited about the Hoosiers' recruiting efforts (subscription required). Schools like IU will be providing more info on recruits than ever before.
- Quarterback Matt Alviti leads Northwestern's signing class.
- Running back Berkley Edwards appears to be the Minnesota recruit drawing the most praise.
- The "On Iowa" podcast talks Hawkeye recruiting. A linebacker chose to walk on for Kirk Ferentz rather than take a scholarship to Northern Iowa.
- The Huskers have found some success recruiting in Florida.
- Purdue picked up a running back out of Louisville.
- Illinois commit Reggie Spearman may end up at Syracuse.