Big Ten lunchtime links
February, 4, 2013
By Brian Bennett | ESPN.com
I'm still impressed by that MVP performance in the big game Sunday.
- Illinois is interested in an in-state quarterback for the 2014 class -- along with several other Big Ten schools.
- Reviewing Indiana's 2012 season.
- Iowa picked up three commitments on the final weekend before signing day.
- Michigan's early enrollees are adjusting to campus life. Looking at some superlatives in the Wolverines class.
- Former Michigan State offensive lineman Arthur Ray, who overcame leg cancer, was granted two more years to play. Students who play Sparty find it to be the role of a lifetime.
- Minnesota's recruiting class contains only one Minnesotan. But the state's top junior running back pledged to the Gophers.
- Nebraska swiped a defensive end recruit from former rival Missouri. A former Nebraska I-back can relate to Braylon Heard's situation.
- Northwestern is entering a broad partnership with the Chicago Cubs and Wrigley Field.
- Ohio State will hear from a Texas blue-chipper today. Head-to-head recruiting battles between Urban Meyer and Nick Saban ramps up the intrigue.
- A look at Penn State's biggest needs as signing day approaches. Bill O'Brien is coaching at a breakneck pace.
- Purdue got a commitment from Keith Byars II, who's a running back just like his dad was at Ohio State.
- Wisconsin coach Gary Andersen is forming a bond with the state's high school coaches.
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
12:00 PM ET Western Kentucky Illinois 12:00 PM ET McNeese State 19 Nebraska 12:00 PM ET Akron Penn State 12:00 PM ET Central Michigan Purdue 12:00 PM ET Howard Rutgers 12:00 PM ET Western Illinois 18 Wisconsin 3:30 PM ET Northern Illinois Northwestern 3:30 PM ET Middle Tennessee Minnesota 3:30 PM ET Ball State Iowa 3:30 PM ET Maryland South Florida 6:30 PM ET 7 Michigan State 3 Oregon 7:30 PM ET Michigan 16 Notre Dame 8:00 PM ET Virginia Tech 8 Ohio State