Big Ten lunch links
January, 30, 2013
By Adam Rittenberg | ESPN.com
Quick programming note: my regularly scheduled chat for today has been moved to noon ET Thursday. Be sure to join me then to discuss all things Big Ten football.
Onto the links ...
Onto the links ...
- Questions remain about the possible transfer of Nebraska running back Braylon Heard, as coach Bo Pelini seemed surprised by the initial reports. College football recruiting season brings its share of turnoffs, Steven M. Sipple writes.
- Michigan coach Brady Hoke is keeping pace with Urban Meyer on the recruiting trail, Stewart Mandel writes. Former Michigan coach Rich Rodriguez says entitlement was a problem with his teams at U-M.
- Michigan State tight end Dion Sims talks about his decision to enter the NFL draft and the Spartans' upcoming quarterback competition.
- More on Ohio State's addition of junior college receiver Corey Smith.
- A closer look at Purdue's new football ticketing proposal. More on what's being called the Legacy Fund.
- Two Penn State assistant coaches reflect on working with San Francisco 49ers star NaVorro Bowman in Happy Valley. Penn State adds four more "run-on" players to its program for 2013.
- One recruiting analyst urges patience with Illinois coach Tim Beckman. The Illini add a defensive end recruit from Miami.
- Wisconsin and Ohio State are part of some of the nation's top remaining recruiting battles.
- Some praise for several Minnesota recruits in the 2013 class.
- Wisconsin's latest walk-on addition comes from a sports family.
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
Final West Virginia 40 Maryland 37 Final Indiana 42 Bowling Green 45 Final Kent State 0 22 Ohio State 66 Final Miami (OH) 10 Michigan 34 Final Iowa State 20 Iowa 17 Final Minnesota 7 TCU 30 Final Illinois 19 Washington 44 Final Purdue 14 11 Notre Dame 30 Final Penn State 13 Rutgers 10 Final Nebraska 55 Fresno State 19