Big Ten lunchtime links
January, 29, 2013
By Brian Bennett | ESPN.com
There are two colors in my head.
- John Urschel is not just a top-flight offensive lineman for Penn State; he also teaches a math class. Virginia backed out of this year's game against the Nittany Lions, opening up a spot for UCF.
- Curt Phillips is determined to win the starting QB job for Wisconsin.
- An Iowa receiver target chose to commit to UConn. An in-state linebacker is deciding whether to walk on for the Hawkeyes or take a partial scholarship at Northern Iowa. More Iowa recruiting talk can be found on this podcast.
- Will Campbell needs to work on his motor, but the Michigan defensive tackle should get drafted because of his size. MGoBlog examines what landing a five-star running back like Derrick Green really means.
- Nebraska running back Braylon Heard's status is up in the air after a report out of Ohio says he's transferring.
- An offensive lineman Ohio State was pursuing chose Arkansas. Former Buckeyes fullback Dionte Johnson turned to fashion after his football career ended.
- Baltimore Ravens defensive coordinator Dean Pees, who once held that same job at Michigan State, has his own method of success.
- Kawann Short hopes he answered all the questions about him with his Senior Bowl performance. An offensive tackle committed to Purdue.
- The Big 12 has its eye on what the Big Ten might do.
- Some Illinois recruiting notes.
- Mike Hlas says just say no to a 10-game Big Ten conference schedule.
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
12:00 PM ET Purdue Illinois 12:00 PM ET 20 Ohio State Maryland 2:30 PM ET North Texas Indiana 3:30 PM ET 17 Wisconsin Northwestern 7:00 PM ET Michigan Rutgers 8:00 PM ET 19 Nebraska 10 Michigan State