Big Ten lunchtime links
January, 29, 2013
By Brian Bennett | ESPN.com
There are two colors in my head.
- John Urschel is not just a top-flight offensive lineman for Penn State; he also teaches a math class. Virginia backed out of this year's game against the Nittany Lions, opening up a spot for UCF.
- Curt Phillips is determined to win the starting QB job for Wisconsin.
- An Iowa receiver target chose to commit to UConn. An in-state linebacker is deciding whether to walk on for the Hawkeyes or take a partial scholarship at Northern Iowa. More Iowa recruiting talk can be found on this podcast.
- Will Campbell needs to work on his motor, but the Michigan defensive tackle should get drafted because of his size. MGoBlog examines what landing a five-star running back like Derrick Green really means.
- Nebraska running back Braylon Heard's status is up in the air after a report out of Ohio says he's transferring.
- An offensive lineman Ohio State was pursuing chose Arkansas. Former Buckeyes fullback Dionte Johnson turned to fashion after his football career ended.
- Baltimore Ravens defensive coordinator Dean Pees, who once held that same job at Michigan State, has his own method of success.
- Kawann Short hopes he answered all the questions about him with his Senior Bowl performance. An offensive tackle committed to Purdue.
- The Big 12 has its eye on what the Big Ten might do.
- Some Illinois recruiting notes.
- Mike Hlas says just say no to a 10-game Big Ten conference schedule.
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
2:10 3rd Qtr Youngstown State 9 Illinois 7 Halftime Indiana State 3 Indiana 21 6:17 3rd Qtr Northern Iowa 20 Iowa 24 4:27 3rd Qtr Appalachian State 7 Michigan 49 4:32 3rd Qtr 5 Ohio State 13 Navy 14 10:28 3rd Qtr Western Michigan 21 Purdue 23 3:30 PM ET Florida Atlantic 22 Nebraska 3:30 PM ET California Northwestern
3:30 PM ET James Madison Maryland
9:00 PM ET 14 Wisconsin 13 LSU Final Penn State 26 UCF 24
Final Eastern Illinois 20 Minnesota 42 Final Rutgers 41 Washington State 38