Big Ten lunchtime links
January, 28, 2013
By Brian Bennett | ESPN.com
What a master class in acting, Mr. Stevens.
- Analysts see Michigan branching out beyond just the Midwest in recruiting. Running back commit Derrick Green could provide immediate help for the Wolverines.
- Nebraska had a safety decommit but is hoping to pick up an offensive lineman. A closer look at the Cornhuskers' turnover woes, in graphic form.
- Urban Meyer is hauling in recruits despite some NCAA-mandated scholarship limitations.
- Looking at the seven people whom Bill O'Brien leans on behind the scenes. Jordan Hill helped himself at the Senior Bowl.
- Darrell Hazell had a productive weekend, as Purdue picked up five commitments. Kawann Short shined in the Senior Bowl.
- Wisconsin added a California linebacker and Ethan Hemer's little brother. The Badgers' new coordinators will make more than their immediate predecessors.
- Kirk Cousins says Andrew Maxwell remains very confident. A Spartans recruit talks about why he decided to come to East Lansing.
- Illinois lost defensive line coach Keith Gilmore to North Carolina.
- Former Indiana assistant Mark Hagen said the Texas A&M linebackers job was too good to pass up.
- Iowa badly needs help at receiver. The Hawkeyes picked up a DB from Detroit.
- A California receiver picked Minnesota. A one-time Gophers commit flipped to Florida State.
- Northwestern is battling Ohio State for a receiver.