Big Ten lunch links
December, 18, 2012
By Adam Rittenberg | ESPN.com
This is gonna be a long jinx. Like Yom Kippur-services long. The only difference is Yom Kippur's a fast and this one's gonna be a slow.
- Nebraska adds a very, very big piece to its 2013 recruiting class in lineman David Knevel. Huskers WR Kenny Bell says his hit in the Big Ten title game gives the wrong impression. Tom Osborne talks about the increasing criticism facing coaches in today's society.
- Wisconsin QB Joel Stave hopes to make his return at the Rose Bowl. Badgers assistant Charlie Partridge will make good coin at Arkansas.
- Two suspended Michigan players issue apologies here and here. Michigan's recruiting pipeline to Cass Tech High School is alive and well. Denard Robinson pleaded guilty Monday to driving on a suspended or revoked license.
- Dennis Dodd writes the Big Ten isn't planning another imminent raid on the ACC.
- Ohio State's monitoring of athletes' spending raises privacy concerns, Greg Bishop writes. Another former Buckeyes assistant will lead Kent State.
- Purdue interim coach Patrick Higgins has gained the players' respect as they prepare for the Heart of Dallas Bowl.
- Junior college quarterback Tyler Ferguson looks like a good fit for Penn State. Lions DT Jordan Hill first hurt his knee earlier than we all thought.
- Illinois adds a receiver to its 2013 recruiting class.
- Michigan State WR Keith Muphery is optimistic about the team's future.
- Some folks are just noticing that all seven Big Ten bowl teams are underdogs.
BIG TEN SCOREBOARD
Final West Virginia 40 Maryland 37 Final Indiana 42 Bowling Green 45 Final Kent State 0 22 Ohio State 66 Final Miami (OH) 10 Michigan 34 Final Iowa State 20 Iowa 17 Final Minnesota 7 TCU 30 Final Illinois 19 Washington 44 Final Purdue 14 11 Notre Dame 30 Final Penn State 13 Rutgers 10 Final Nebraska 55 Fresno State 19