Big 12 lunchtime links
October, 24, 2013
By Max Olson | ESPN.com
Oklahoma is trying to step up its hashtag game with #CreateARuckus this weekend.
- One guy definitely isn't surprised by Baylor's rise: Robert Griffin III. The Bears' road plan is all about sticking to routine.
- Tony Pierson is set to make his return for Kansas this week after a concussion. Mike Vernon of The Topeka Capital-Journal tells the story of Gavin Howard's famed moped. If anyone can relate to Kansas' Big 12 losing streak, it's Baylor.
- How will Iowa State solve the problems along its offensive line? Former ISU QB Jared Barnett plans to be in the stands for the Oklahoma State game.
- Josh Heupel is now on the hot seat, writes Jenni Carlson of The Oklahoman. Sterling Shepard is already close to surpassing his father in the school record books. Stadium upgrades could be in the works for the Sooners.
- Shoutout to the blockers who cleared the way for Josh Stewart's 95-yard punt return. Freshman back Rennie Childs will try to bring a spark to Oklahoma State's run game.
- West Virginia has found no violations in its investigation of Joe DeForest. Freshman Daikiel Shorts is looking for a breakout game against Kansas State. West Virginia is looking into finding a larger role for tight end Cody Clay.
- Texas Tech defensive lineman Kerry Hyder thinks he can be even better in the second half of the season. Bob Stoops is hoping for another game like the blowouts of 2002 and 2008.
- A heavy workload is just fine for Daniel Sams this weekend. Long before he was a captain and three-year starter, K-State's B.J. Finney wanted to play for Ohio.
- Gary Patterson is impressed by Texas' improved defense and new scheme under Greg Robinson. A closer look at the Horned Frogs' 4-2-5 defense.
- The underdog role fits both Case McCoy and Texas just fine, writes Mike Finger of the San Antonio Express-News. Several Lake Travis alums will square off in Texas-TCU.
Tweets from https://twitter.com/ESPNCFB/lists/big12